Chapter 19

A day has passed. My dad's question still wandering into my mind.

-Flashback-

(A/N: You can just skip this. It's just the Hiccup's POV in the last chapter. But at the end of the flashback, Hiccup's answer is there.)

After leaving Astrid with Gobber, my dad and I went to the house to talk. I'm curious at what he's going to say. We got inside and sat down in our chairs.

"So....dad! What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Well...." he started, "A week ago, we reiceved a letter. It was a letter declaring a war. And we said yes. There was no choice. Either we surrender and bow down to them or we prepare. So, I'm asking you Hiccup, as the son's chief, to be in the front line at air, leading the other dragon riders. We need you to lead us." My face was shocked and my mind was circling of what my dad said.

"War? But we'll just reason the war declarer. We should tell him to stop and give up," I replied.

"No, son," he said, firmly.

"But it's our duty to keep the peace!" I argued, "Let's go down there and reason him."

"Peace is over. I must prepare you for war."

"War?" I asked, shocked. "Dad, he is coming for Berk. We have to find him and reason him."

"Son," he said, shaking his head, "Men who kill stuff cannot be reasoned with. And plus, we don't know who sent the letter. It was passed on to me, secretly." I slumped my shoulders in defeat. My mind kept on wondering who sent the letter. Who is it?

The answer I had just rolled out of my toungue and said...

"Yes, I will." He gave me a smile, pat on the back and then left. I was just standing there, dumbstrucked. All I can think of is that I can't let anyone hurt, especially Astrid.

-End of flashback-

I was just sitting here in my chair. I didn't know what to do. The door was then knocked, snapping me out of my reverie. I sauntered to the door and opened it. I was surprised of who it was.

"Heather," I said, trying to sound casual. "What are you doing here?"

"Game's up, Hiccup," she replied, putting her hand on her hip, "I know what I did wrong and I'm sorry. I didn't know what was happening in reality because I liked you." I sighed and shook my head.

"You shouldn't apologise to me, Heather," I said, "You should apologise to Astrid. She's the one who got hurt too much that the least she needs from you is an apology." Heather nodded in agreement and walked away. I was about to go back inside when a voice came unto me.

"Hiccup!" It was Ruffnut.

"Ruffnut? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Astrid wants to see you in the cliffs," she replied, pointing to the direction of where Astrid had gone. I nodded and mounted Toothless. We got there and saw Astrid....alone. We landed and I sent Toothless home so he can have a nap. I walked up to her and hugged behind her and enjoyed this moment.

"Hey," I greeted her with a sweet voice.

"Hey," she greeted back. I placed my head on her shoulder, making our heads side by side. We stayed there for a moment, watching the sun disappear.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked, breaking the silence. I was confused. I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Huh?"

She sighed. "Don't play dumb, Haddock," she said, breaking the embrace and sat at the edge of the cliff.

"Play dumb? How can I play dumb? This is me you're talking about," I said to her. I walked to where she was sitting and sat down. She let out a small chuckle.

"No, not that," she said in a calm voice. "I know you're on the front line of the war," she confessed.

"At least I'll get a better view!" I joked. She gave a frustration sigh.

"This isn't a joke, Hiccup!" she shouted. She stood up and walked a few metres away from me. I stood up too. She faced me in a concerned face. "What if you get hurt? What if you get lost? What if....if you die?" She turned her back to me, crossing her arms.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I said to her. I walked up to her and faced her beautiful face. "I won't die. But I can't let you or Berk be ambushed. I'm the son's chief and it's my duty to keep Berk safe. But I can't do fight this was without your support, okay?." I twirled her around to face the clouds changing to light orange to dark blue. I did the same position as we were minutes ago and watched the sun go down.

"Okay," she said quietly. That was all we ever said as we watch the moon replace the sun for light and looked over Berk. Our home.

•••••••••••

So this is another chapter!

I would like to thank EVERYONE who had read this far and for supporting this book. I cannot thank you enough.

So guess what's going to happen!

Sorry! Bored right now!

Peace out!