Chapter 15- Phone Call

(The Afternoon)

A/N- Somewhat short chapter, sorry~

Ring...

Ring... ...

BRRIINGGGG-

"Kook? Do you copy?" sounded a masculine voice from Jungkook's phone, after he answered it.

"Of course, hyung," Jungkook whispered, slipping out of Marina's earshot.

"We've found out more about the girl we're looking for. Unfortunately, all of our spies sent to JYP were killed except one, who died shortly after whispering what sounded like the beginning of a name," said Namjoon in a tired monotone. Jungkook could already imagine his leader running a hand down his face.

He paused before continuing. "Given the position of the gunshots, I'm assuming that a Twice agent was at fault. But it could very well just be that Twice was sent out to stop them from completing their mission, so we're not entirely sure. Anyways, the two 95 liners left, so I'm assuming they're heading your way, good luck."

The line went dead.

Jungkook's blood ran cold at the mention of his hyungs, suddenly remembering the existence of his female guest.

"Oh crap, right."

He quickly walked into the kitchen, spotting Marina flipping vegetables in a frying pan. She had managed to find a white apron somewhere in the numerous drawers in the kitchen and was happily humming to an unfamiliar tune.

She turned around at the sound of his footsteps, smiling when the young man approached her. "Oh, hey Kookie, I've cooked lunch, just let me finish this plate and-"

Marina was abruptly cut off by a frantic Jungkook.

"Hide!" he whispered shouted, panicking at the ring of his doorbell.

Marina glanced at him confused, setting the pan down before obediently walking upstairs. "Okay?"

The doorbell rang again, as he hastily pushed her towards the staircase.

Jungkook turned around, nervously walked towards the door before finally opening it.

"Hey..."