Chapter 4- Asthma

A/N: I'm sorry this part's really late, I went on a vacation and just got back.
Again, it's the same setting, I'll tell you if I do time skips, or flashbacks, or something like that, otherwise the events are in chronological order.

"Wow," Jungkook sighed, handing the vendor a ten dollar bill, "Can we have another chocolate cone?"

The vendor nodded, accepting the money.

After five minutes the pair both had a cone in they're hand and were sitting on a nearby bench. The apartment building and cafe were situated opposite to each other with the Han River wrapping around them in a loop. As of now, they were in the empty field, casually savoring their treats.

"Thanks, Kookie," Marina mumbled, blushing. She was looking down at her cone guiltily.

Jungkook shot her a quick glare before his eyes softened. "Yeah, no problem."

The next few minutes were kind of awkward as they sat there not knowing what to do.

"It's getting late, I'll walk you home," Jungkook said while getting up. By this time they had both finished their ice-cream cones and it was nearly 10 pm.

They turned around, passing the vendor again while they were walking back toward the sidewalk.

"Wait," called out the man, causing the two to stop. "You guys forgot about your change."

"Keep it," Jungkook replied with a kind smile.

The wrinkles around the ice-cream vendor's eyes crinkled in an eye smile before he turned to Marina. "You have an incredibly generous boyfriend, I wish you guys luck in the future."

They both blushed a deep shade of red as simultaneous protests slipped out of their mouths.

"We're not-"

"We just met-"

But their words went unheard as the old man started humming an older love song, he paused for a second to talk then continued to sing. "Ah well, love at first sight is nothing to be ashamed of."

Marina gave the man an awkward smile before walking away, once out of his view, she quickly looped her arm around Jungkook's and started to speed walk away.

Once Jungkook and Marina were passing an alley near their apartment building, a group of fifteen men appeared in front of them. A familiar man appeared front causing Marina to gasp.

"It's the drunk pervert!"

"It's the crazy chick!"

He sneered in a threatening way, stepping closer to her. His nose was covered in a bloody bandage and his breath didn't reek of alcohol as much as it did earlier. "And now it's payback time."

Marina's body tense and so did Jungkook's as they were about to drop into a fighting stance, that is, before they glanced at each other and the same exact thought passed through their heads. "I can't expose myself in front of him/her."

Jungkook immediately took Marina's wrist and started sprinting in the opposite direction, causing the mob roared behind them and quickly pursue.

After twenty minutes they managed to lose the group at an intersection, both panting heavily.

"What happened to him?" Jungkook asked Marina after he caught his breath. She seemed to be having a lot more difficulty catching her own, but panted out an explanation of what happened earlier.

He nodded his head in understanding before his eyebrows furrowed again. "Do you really have that low stamina?"

"I have asthma, dimwit," she replied shakily.

In a split second, her eyes rolled back into her head before she fainted.

Jungkook cursed, quickly catching her limp body.

"What do I do?" he mumbled. After a moment of thought, he opened Marina's purse and pulled out her phone. The lock screen was of an adorable bunny, but of course, there was a password. "Well, crap."

He slipped her phone back into her bag before glancing at the unconscious girl in his arms. "I can't just leave her here."

After a moment of pondering, he let out another curse before propping her body against the wall. Turning around, he scooped her up onto his back so that her arms laid limp around his neck and her legs were secure around his waist.

There weren't really any unoccupied taxis driving around this time of night and it was nearly impossible to hail one, so he decided to walk back home.

(half an hour later)

"Should I drop her on the couch? No, she'll wake up all stiff and sore," Jungkook mumbled to himself.

He ended up going upstairs and gently setting her body on his bed. With a sigh, he quickly grabbed a change of spare clothing before exiting towards the guest bedroom.

A few minutes later Marina opened one eye with a mischievous smirk, content after hearing the sound of a running shower in the bathroom across from the guest bedroom. "I didn't think it'd be this easy. I could kill you right now, but I think I want to enjoy this a little longer."