What's really going on?

Leo stealthily entered the palace of Bad End. He slowly crept through the halls. He passed through the sparsely lit rooms quietly checking behind each door.

He entered a small library, with three waist high bookshelves. On each bookshelf, there was a thick book, as thick as a large dictionary. One was a deep blue with golden trim, one was a dark green with golden trim, and the last one was blood red with gold trim, the rest of the bookshelf was surrounded by more books, though less eye catching than the first three.

Leo glanced around, and discovered a single  wooden shelf, about eye level. He’d expected to see one of the gold trimmed books, but all he found was just a few small books, pamphlets almost. He picked up one and opened it. He stared at the broken sentences, and splintered paragraphs, trying to make sense of the multitude of seemingly random unfamiliar phrases. He froze, as he heard muffled sobs coming from one of the rooms. He paused at the door, hearing a heart broken song, interrupted by intermittent sobs.

(The song, just in case you don't know)

"Symphony of silver tears, sing to me, and sooth the ring in my ears. Over cast, these gloomy nights wear on. But I'm holding fast, because it's darkest just before the dawn... I'll dissolve when the rain pours in, when the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind, ‘cause it's a bitter world and I'd rather dream. Annemarie, I'll never forget you. Annemarie, will you remember me? I'll never forget you, I'll never forget you…”

Leo slowly crept out of the library, and peeked into the other room, wondering who this doleful song was coming from.

The door was slightly ajar and the sobbing continued. The room had a twin bed in a corner, the room was extremely bland, dull, and bare. There was a figure in a white and purple jumpsuit, its back to the door, its multi colored hair was strewn about him. His hair was not in its usual style and covered the figures shoulders which shook as he cried curled into a ball.

Leo cocked his head in confusion, unsure of what was happening. He looked around the unclad, obtuse, and extremely flavorless room, and gasped slightly, as he noticed a purple orb, on a high shelf. His eyes widened as he noticed Mikey was inside the orb.

The sob cut short and the figure shifted somewhat. "Ulric? You're finished already?” His voice trembled softly, from the emotional strain.

Leo entered the room and stood, his swords drawn. "I'm here for my brother. " He said firmly.

The man frowned deeply and sat up, facing the intruder. "Ah… You're one of the turtles. Leonardo. Isn't it? The ‘responsible’ leader.” He flicked each section of colored hair and it immediately went to its usual style of silence jesters hat, the odd man looked exhausted.

Leo shifted and held his katanas defensively in front of him. "I am here for my brother. " Leo reiterated, not wanting to get into a discussion.

"Oh, I know. But you see my Emperor wants to destroy the Precure and we need him for bait. I do not plan on disobeying my master again.” The Jester’s body was trembling uncontrollably for an unknown reason, his voice was shaky and weak/hoarse. The man suddenly recoiled and clutched his forehead, he gasped breathlessly in pain and nearly fell to his knees. The man's grip tightened, turning his knuckles white.