A Whole New World.

Around sunrise, they started waking up. Raphael grunted in pain and looked around cautiously, he grabbed his sais tightly and backed up into the shadows. He nudged Leo with his foot. "Leo, wake up!" He whispered loudly.

Leo grumbled and waved his arm in dismissal as he woke up, he grunted as he opened his eyes.

"AAARRRGGGHH!! Its so BRIGHT!" He covered his eyes and slowly became accustomed to the blinding light.

"Get up Leo! We're out in the open!" The red clad turtle growled through his teeth, he then kicked his little brothers in the side, trying to wake them up.

Donatello sat up quickly and yelped in pain. He shakily stood up as he blinked rapidly trying to adjust his eyes to the blinding light. "What... happened?" He grunted out.

Their surroundings were blindingly bright, sickeningly colorful. Everyone was happy and joyful, there was no trash, no traffic, no yelling of angry drivers or the usual. Frankly it scared them a little, everything was soo different.

Mikey stepped forward "This is my kinda place!" He smiled brightly as he looked around excitedly.

"We better not be in your FREAKING brain again, MIKEY!" Raph snarled through his clenched teeth. As he smacked the freckled faced turtle upside the head.

The auburn eyed turtle cautiously climbed the closest building and looked around skeptically as his hyperactive mind started assessing their current situation. He shifted and hissed in pain, his carapace, the back of his shoulders, arms and legs hurt like heck. He realized it was from the explosion, but he'd have to deal with that later.

Mikey rubbed the back of his head and looked up to his oldest brother. "What should we do?"

Raphael turned to face his older brother as well. Leonardo started looking around for his own answers. He then saw an empty building across the street with an open window.

"There, we'll run across the street and hide inside that building until night, then we'll explore." He trailed off and shook his head. He would figure out the rest later. He called Donnie down and informed him about the plan.

Donatello started absentmindedly scratching his arms as he thought. "Let's go before we're found..." He started walking across the street.

"Go faster, I hear a car coming!" Leo yelled. Leo ran to the building and turned around to check on his brothers. Don was still limping across the road slowly, the car was in view.

"Raph go stop that car!" Leo yelled and sprinted towards Donnie.

He grabbed Donnies arm causing him to yelp, as Leo ran back to the building. Raph grabbed his sais and jumped onto the speeding car, he jammed his sais into the engine. The car swerved and hit a pole, Rapheal jumped off and ran after his brothers. Raph grabbed Donnie's and Leo's arms, then roughly pulled them in the building. Donatello grit his teeth as he stumbled to the floor.

«~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~»

"Oh my goodness! Mom! What hit our car!?" A red haired girl ran out from the back of the car, she stared in awe at the smoking hood.

Her mother grabbed her hand and stepped away from the wreck. "I don't know Kelsey, but you should get on the bus so you won't be late for school. Now go, I'll wait for the police."

Kelsey took one more glance around, then headed to the bus stop.

«~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~»

Leonardo cautiously peeked out of the window and watched as the humans slowly dispersed from the scene. He sighed in relief as no one decided to look around for answers. He turned around after a moment to check on everyone. Donatello was fiddling with the wrappings around his wrists as he stared at the floor. Leonardo noticed his little brothers idiosyncrasy, he knew his little brother was struggling to ignore the pain he was in.

The auburn eyed turtle shifted restlessly and his face scrunched slightly in discomfort. He bit his lip tightly, trying to ignore the nearly unbearable burning sensation on his carapace and limbs.

Leonardo walked over to Donnie and knelt down next to him. "Oh, Don..." He whispered sadly as he carefully studied his little brothers scorched shell. What am I supposed to do? We don't have a lair here and we have absolutely no idea where a hospital is...

"Raph, you and I are going out tonight to find something for D. As soon as the sun sets." He looked pointedly at his hotheaded brother, then turned back to the purple clad turtle. "What will be the best thing for your burns Don?" He spoke softly and gently lifted the olive green turtles chin so he could study his expression.

His eyes were half closed and filled with pain, tears threatened to escape his chocolate brown eyes. It took him several moments to process what his oldest brother had said and even longer for him to think of the proper remedies.

"Obviously... burn cream... Acetaminophen... light gauze... antibiotics..." His voice was tired and to the leader, it was obvious he was struggling to process words.

Donatello slowly closed his eyes and buried his face in his trembling hands a shaky breath escaped as he continued fighting to hide and escape from his pain.

"I understood about none of that. Anyone else lost?" Raph huffed in frustration. Why was his brainiac brother such a wimp?

Leo sighed and kissed Don's forehead gently, then stood up. "Alright... Mikey as soon as we leave, you're in charge of making sure Don gets enough sleep. Raph, we're leaving soon, so get your attitude together and get ready."