The Affair(?)

Ulric woke up and looked around. He sat up, his ears twitching, as he held his aching head.

"Ugh. What happened?" He mumbled.

Akaoni was lying on the floor, his large arms wrapped around Ulric's thin waist with his head on the wolf's lap. There was a gigantic pile of thick blankets on the bed, there was absolutely no sign of the turtle.

Ulric stared at the pile of blankets. "Akai... Where's the turtle?" He asked groggily, still a little out of it.

The troll whined at the movement and nuzzled the wolf's stomach. "Sleeping." He mumbled.

Ulric winced, inhaling sharply. He gently peeled himself away from the sleepy Akaoni. He stood up, and the room seemed to tilt and sway, turning in circles. He plopped/fell face first onto the bed, half of him hanging off the side. He just hung there for a moment, waiting for the world to stop turning.

"Wolfie..." The troll whined and sat up. "Why'd you leave?" He pouted like the child he was.

Ulric mumbled into the bed, his eyes closed, as he drifted between sleep and consciousness.

Akaoni pouted and watched. "Why'd you ask about the purple one?"

He lifted his head out of the dent in the mattress, eyes still closed. "Because I have to make sure he's okay!" He said loudly, before pressing his face back into the side of the bed.

He sighed heavily and tried once more to stand, This time he was more successful in the fact that he stayed on his feet, thought the room stilled seemed to move a little bit, and he was starting to feel light headed.

"Because, somebody was being very pixie-ish, and I ended up having to leave my boots when I tried to help him." He explained as he began searching through the blankets for the olive turtle.

"Why would you help a pixie?" Akaoni spat vehemently.

The turtle had shifted onto his side, his carapace turned to them.

"I wasn't helping that pixie-ish son of a-" He stopped abruptly, remembering who he was talking too.

"I was trying to help him." He gestured to Donnie.

"I thought we ate those goblin pixies... How can I help?" Akaoni asked, smiling brightly.

The dove grey wolf cocked his head to the side. "True. And they were quite good." He chuckled at the memory. "And as for helping how's your arm?"

"It smells good. But why are we eating it?" He frowned in confusion, still focused on food.

Ulric's eye twitched, and he walked over to the wall, banging his head against it a couple times.

"I'm not talking about food." He said, exasperated, leaning against the wall for balance.

"If we can wake him up, then he can fix your arm because I am no good at that kind of thing." He said, first gesturing to Donnie, than Akaoni's arm, and finally himself, as he tried to get the child to understand.

"Oh... Okay. I can wake him." He smirked mischievously and left the room, and returned with his iron club and headed towards the turtle.

Ulric's eyes widened, as he ran towards Akaoni, and grabbed the large club with both hands. "No, no, no, no, no, NO!" He yelled frantically.

"No smashing?" He pouts and lowered his club.

"Thank you!" He said breathlessly. He caught his breath before continuing.