High school?

The blue haired girl walked into the classroom as the first bell rang. April the green haired girl sat down and started talking to the redhead about their plans for the week. The blue haired girl walked up to the two girls.

"Hi April, Kelsey, how was your weekend?"

Chloe smiled, and listened to their conversation. A blonde girl walked in holding a notebook close to her chest.

"Lilly! What are your plans for this week!?" Lilly looked over at them.

"I'll probably just stay home and draw."

"Why not hang out with us?" April studied her curiously. Soon the classroom was filled with students and the teacher walked inside.

"Good morning class!" She said smiling pleasantly, as the class responded with a well-behaved

"Good morning Ms Mason!"

"Today we'll start with a pop quiz!" Ms Mason said excitedly.

The students whined in protest, but started getting ready. During the quiz... The door burst open.

"DID I MAKE IT!?!" A pink haired girl exclaimed as she panted heavily. The teacher sighed exasperated.

"No Emily, your late AGAIN. Just in time for the quiz to end. Now go to your seat. Pencils down people!"

Emily whined as she plopped in her seat. The students obeyed and waited nervously as the teacher gathered their quizzes, she then went to the desk to grade them.

"There will be a thirty-minute recess while I grade. Emily, you stay while I grade and study."

The students spoke cheerfully as they exited the classroom. Emily watched woefully as the other kids left to play outside. Ms Mason looked at Emily with a disappointed gaze. What am I going to do with you?

"Turn to page forty-two of your science book, the paragraph that begins with 'Electrical signals' and read out loud please."

Emily whined and reluctantly started.

«~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~»

April was playing basket ball with the other kids and quickly winning. Lilly was drawing intently in her book, and Chloe was reading a book, but was thinking of the oversized terrapin that had come to her in the middle of the night. Suddenly she overheard Kelsey say:

"Yesterday this HUGE hulking turtle thing destroyed my mom's car!"

"You sure you weren't just seeing things? Turtles are small  really, really, small." A girl raised her eyebrow curiously.

"I know what I saw Mia. It had a shell, JUST like a turtle."

"How big was it? Tell us EVERYTHING." The rest of the girls begged her.

"We'll it was like five feet tall, and it jumped onto the hood of our car and slammed these... weird... salad fork things into the engine, and then it ran off. My mom was so freaked out."

"I wonder where it came from and where it went... and what it wanted. Are you guys gonna be okay?" One of the girls touched Kelsey's shoulder gently and worriedly.

"Yeah, the only thing damaged was the car." Kelsey smiled.

The the bell rang the students obediently went inside to go to the next class. Emily walked out in a depressed state and joined her friends. April spoke excitedly about the game she had played. Chloe smiled at April who soon finished talking about sports. She turned to her friends.

"I heard we're going to learn more about dividing fractions in class today, I can't wait." Chloe announced happily.

"That's it.... I'm not going to into class." April huffed and backed up, then grabbed Chloe's shoulders tightly and hid behind her. "Save me Chloe!"

Chloe laughed and rolled her eyes, laughing. "Stop being so dramatic April, it's the last class of the day."

"They save the worst for last. Don't make me go in there!" She continued whining.

Chloe grabbed April and dragged her into the classroom. April reluctantly followed and sat in her chair, then pulled her books out and opened them. The class was long and boring, and not very well explained, even Chloe was a little glad when it was finally over. Everyone left quickly not wanting to waste precious time in the school.

"Are we going to the base our just home?" April smiled excitedly, very happy to be away from school.