Chapter 54: Elena and Cesc

“So what do you need to speak to me about?” Thiago asked me.

“About the last time we met,” I said to him.

“It was my fault, I was out of line,” he told me.

“But you were right,” I told him, “About Marc,” I sighed. “I haven’t been,” I said thinking about what to say to him, “I think we should start over.”

“What do you-,” he began asking but I accidentally cut him off.

“I’m Elena Rivera,” I said holding my hand out to greet him. He smiled.

“I see,” he said pausing and understanding what I meant. “Well I’m Thiago Alcantara. In case you didn’t know, the best player at Barca,” he said shaking my hand and playing along.

“If you exclude Iniesta and Xavi from the midfield then you might have a chance,” I told him. He gave me a quizzical look.

“Who’s your favorite player?” he asked me.

“Puyol and Iniesta,” I told him.

“Iniesta is magical,” he told me and I could tell he was thinking about Iniesta in his head.

“I’ve still to meet him,” I said.

“What? You haven’t met Don Andres?” he asked me surprised.

“No, not yet,” I told him.

“I’ll make you a deal, we have an away game tomorrow but on Monday, I will gladly introduce him to you,” he said kindly looking at me. He had such kind eyes. Elena careful, remember, don’t start falling too hard.

“Really? Thank you, I’ll appreciate that so much!” I said getting excited about meeting one of my favorite players.

“Elena,” I heard a voice say and my excitement left me immediately. It was a voice I didn’t want to hear.

“Marc,” Thiago said.

“Elena we need to talk,” Marc told me.

“There is nothing to talk about,” I told him, “I know what I need to know.”

“You don’t understand,” he told me.

“What’s not to understand about you kissing your girlfriend?” I asked him harshly.

“We are not exclusive, look Elena I like you,” he said and I could hear the honestly in his voice but I still could not believe what he was considering.

“So?” I asked him bluntly.

“So maybe we could, you know, go out sometime,” he told me and I could tell he was being honest. I was a bit stunned but only for a split second.

“You’re joking right?” I asked him.

“Marc, you have a girlfriend, you should stick with her,” Thiago said and this time I didn’t argue with him for butting in. I actually thought of how he always would butt in before but I now knew why.

“Why? So you can be with Elena?” Marc said to Thiago. I could tell he was taken aback from that comment.

“Marc, I’m sure your girlfriend needs your help outside. You should go,” I told him.

“Elena-,” he said.

“Just go. Where can I get a towel?” I asked Thiago to hint to Marc I was done speaking to him.

“In the locker room, I’ll show you,” Thiago said as I began to follow him. I felt Marc grab my hand.

“Give me a chance Elena,” he said looking into my eyes, “Please,” he said and I could see the pleading in his eyes.

“I need to go,” I said shrugging off his arm and walking away quickly. It was strange. He seemed so sincere but at the same time I knew he probably did that to all the girls he likes.

“You ok?” Thiago asked me.

“I’m fine, I just need that towel,” I told him.

“Sure, just wait here,” he said as he went to fetch one. I watched him walk off and smiled. It seems Thiago was just a good person.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CESC POV

“It was so horrible walking in the water,” Daniela said to me, “I can’t believe I had to go through that.”

“I’m sorry,” I told her. Alves told us to go open the doors on the other side of the stadium but when we looked we noticed some of them walked over after the sprinklers went off.

“I want to talk to the manager of this stadium and ask how they can do that,” she said complaining and I knew she was going to go on about this for a while. We entered the locker room and I noticed Jade there with Leo. I was watching the way Leo and Jade were speaking. I could see it was something important but they seemed to get along well. Almost like when we spoke. Then I saw Leo take out a jacket and hand it to her. She looked overjoyed. I could have done that. If I wasn’t with my girlfriend of course.

“Why do you keep looking over there?” Daniella asked me.

“I thought someone was calling me,” I lied to her. I looked up again to see Jade hugging Leo and Leo hugging her back. How is it Pique and Leo got hugs but I didn’t. Wait, why did I even care that much? It was just a hug. But somehow I did and I knew it would work on my mind until Jade hugged me. That does not sound right Cesc, whats wrong with you?

“Cesc what’s wrong?” Daniella asked me as I looked at her, “Your face dropped and I can’t see for what reason.” My face dropped? I didn’t even know until Daniella told me.

“Nothing,” I reassured her.

“We should get going,” she said and I wanted to scream as there was only one door so Jade and Leo would have to walk to where we were to get out. They were walking towards us. Jade looked at me and attempted a smile until she saw Daniella and then just looked away.

“Bye Miss Avery,” I told her and she gave me a confused look.

“Miss Avery?” Leo asked not understanding.

“Bye Mr. Fabregas,” Jade told me swiftly. Leo was amused by this but at least he didn’t make a scene, he just carried on like it was normal. Thank God Leo doesn’t question things.

“Miss Avery?” Pique asked me. Oh no, please don’t let him speak.

“Yes?” Jade said.

“Jade? Wait why is Cesc calling you by your surname?” he asked Jade.

“What does he mean Cesc?” Daniella asked me. Great Gerard, just great, “I thought you have a professional relationship and only call her by that,” she said glaring at me.

“I don’t know, I think he’s confused,” I said.

“No, I’m not, I mean yesterday you gave Jade-,” Pique said and I was praying that Daniella did not listen to him. If she knew about the gift, I was doomed.

“His schedule,” Jade said looking straight at me. She was saving me from my girlfriend. That just sounds ironic.

“I asked him to call me that,” Jade said to Pique.

“Really? Ok Miss Avery,” Pique said happily.

“Adios Cesc, Daniella,” Leo said as he walked out talking to Jade. I wish I could have gone with them but I had to be here with Daniela. It made me think about what Jade had said earlier. Here I was with my girlfriend but I wanted to be with my friends. What did that mean? I think I knew but I chose not to see it, at least not for now.

“Cesc come on! Help me!” Daniella said annoyed.

“Ok,” I said sighing and helping her.