Chapter 48: Quite Confusing

DEMI POV

Demi just finished talking to one of the managers that were at the pitch. She began walking away and heading towards the building. As she was walking she bumped into Alexis.

“Demi,” he said happily.

“Alexis,” she said just as happy.

“So what brings you here?” he asked her.

“I had to speak to one of the managers, you?” she asked as calmly as she could.

“I had to change my boots,” he said shrugging.

“Alexy! I have missed you!” Demi heard a woman say. She saw a woman dashing towards them. Alexis’s back was to the woman but didn’t turn to see her. Demi looked at his face and he seemed like he knew who the woman was but he wasn’t happy to see her.

“What are you doing here Rebecca?”he asked annoyed.

“I came to watch my baby train,” she said.

“We’re not dating anymore, how many times must I tell you?” Alexis said to her.

“Please, you’re just in denial,” Rebecca said.

“No I’m not, it’s been a few months,” he said sternly.

“Yes, you are. I just know we’re meant to be together,” Rebecca said. Ok this woman is cra-zay. Demi thought.

“We’re not,” Alexis said.

“You weren’t saying that a few months ago,” Rebecca said as Demi looked to Alexis.

“Look maybe before I had some feelings for you but not anymore,” he said to her and Demi noticed the Rebecca looking slightly hurt.

“I’ve moved on, you should do the same,” Alexis said.

“No you haven’t,” Rebecca said confidently, “If you have moved on then you would have found somebody else and you haven’t.”

“Actually I have,” Alexis said. He has? Who? Demi wondered. As far as Demi knew he was single or at least that was what she thought.

“She is right here,” Alexis said as Demi wondered who she was. I know I shouldn’t care but I do. I wonder who she is. Demi assumed he was going to show Rebecca to the field and introduce her to Rebecca.

“Demetria,” Alexis said coming over to Demi.

 Demi froze, was he serious? Alexis turned to face her and put on a pleading look. How could she say no to those glowing eyes? Plus the woman seemed insane. She seemed like she didn’t want to believe it’s over when Alexis made it clear it was.

“Um,” Demi said awkwardly before walking up to Rebecca. “Hi, pleased to meet you,” Demi said putting her hand out to shake. The woman looked at it in disgust.

“This is the best you could do?” she said to Alexis. Demi was hurt by that. She doesn’t even know who I am. Before Demi could retaliate Alexis spoke for her.

“She is way better than you ever will be,” Alexis said putting his arm around her waist. Demi felt her body getting warmer and her cheeks turning pink. She wondered if Alexis had noticed. Then she looked at Rebecca, her face had now fallen and as much as Demi didn’t like her, she could see how much that line that Alexis said had hurt her.

“Really? And how long have you been dating?” Rebecca asked trying to keep her composure.

“A good four months, right baby?” he said looking into Demi eyes. Demi was in too much shock to do anything and she merely just went along with everything. For a moment she could feel something looking into his eyes.

“Yes,” Demi said dreamily but immediately Alexis broke eye contact.

“Well fine! I’ll just go! I won’t come back again!” Rebecca said as she walked off. She then stopped and turned around and stared at Alexis. “You’ll live to regret this,” she said icily and then she was gone.

“I apologise,” Alexis said to Demi.

“It’s ok,” Demi said noticing that Alexis still hadn’t let her go.

“Well, what do we have here?” Pique said as Demi and Alexis jumped in shock.

“Nothing,” Alexis said as he quickly took his hands away. Nothing. That’s what he had said, Demi thought confused.

“Ok,” Pique said but he was not as playful as he usually was, “Demi I need to speak to you,” he said seriously.

“I’ll leave,” Alexis said but Demi didn’t want him to go. She wanted to know what was going on.

“I need to get back to practice anyway. Thanks for playing along Demi,” Alexis said with a small smile and he left.

“Playing along?” Pique asked her.

“Don’t ask,” Demi said speaking normally to Pique, “What do you want?” she asked a bit too annoyed. She didn’t know why Pique had to chase Alexis away. She didn’t even notice she spoke normally to him because she was too focused on what happened with Alexis.

“Someone seems moody,” Pique said a bit playfully again, “I just need you to ask Jade what she thought of the presents Cesc got her.”

“That’s it?” Demi asked, “You couldn’t just message me?” She asked not believing that was what Pique wanted to ask her.

“I could,” he paused, “If I had your number,” he said eyeing her, hinting.

“Ok, here it is,” Demi said giving it to him.

“Gracias senorita,” Pique said happily and Demi could not help but smile at Pique. Just then she got a message from an unidentified number:

Hola!

She looked up to see Pique smiling. She just shook her head.

“Now you have my number too! So you can message me about Jade!” Pique said to her.

“Why don’t you just ask Jade yourself?” Demi asked him.

“She won’t tell me, just like Cesc won’t tell me either,” he said.

“Why are you so interested anyway?” Demi asked him.

“Because Cesc likes Jade and I think she like him too,” Pique said.

“Yeah but she keeps denying it,” Demi said to him.

“Cesc too, “he said.

“Maybe they are just friends,” Demi said.

“Nah,” They both said a split second later.

“I’ll see you around!” Pique said as he walked off and Demi stood there now more confused than ever.