Chapter 5: Apartments

We took our keys and took the elevator to our apartment.

“What do you mean?” Elena said while we were in the elevator.

“Apparently, Cryuff told my dad he’ll pay for two thirds of the rent,” Matt said and then he just got another email.

“Oh it makes sense now,” Matt said.

“What does?” I asked.

“Apparently, Cryuff is only paying for a week,” Matt said.

“I thought you said he’d pay for the month?” Nate said.

“No my dad said that he will pay for our full stay,” Matt said.

“Wait but then why would he only pay for one week?” Elena asked.

Just then the elevator opened on the fifth floor.

“Oh no,” I said.

“What?” Elena said.

“Don’t you guys get it? He said he would pay for our full stay,” I said.

“Yeah and?” Matt asked.

“Well if he is only paying for a week, it means that he thinks we’ll only be here for a week,” I said.

“Yeah and?” Elena asked.

“Oh I get it,” Nate said,”He is saying that we will have a week at the club for our internships.”

“What? Matt I thought you said it could as long as 3 months, that we get to decide?” Elena asked.

“Well, yeah that’s what they told me,” Matt said.

“That must mean they are expecting us not to survive for longer than a week,” I said.

“Great, the jobs must be really difficult then,” Nate said.

“Or maybe Cyruff could not tell my dad no, so they’ll just make up some jobs for us and then tell us thanks but that they don’t need us,” Matt said.

“Whoa! Hold up. We are going to show them why they need us!” Elena said.

“You know what? El is right. For all we know they could use us and we need to prove that,” I said.

“Yeah, I mean a week is not nearly enough to get to know the ladies,” Matt said.

Nate rolled his eyes, “Thank god FC Barcelona is not a female team or that you’re not gay.”

(dont mean to be offensive, let me know :)

“Well we’re here Elena,” I said as the guys carried on to their room. I inserted the card key and then opened the door. The apartment was amazing. As we entered there was a very short hallway, about 5 steps and then we were in the open plan area. To my right there is a flat screen tv and two couches, two beanbags and a bubble chair. Across the room against the wall by the window was a desk. To my right was the kitchen. It had a big fridge, stove, microwave, kettle, oven and coffee machine all in brand new aluminum.

“Oh. My. God.” Elena and I said simultaneously.

“This is insane! Look at the flat screen!” I said.

“I know and we can actually cook really nicely in the kitchen!” Elena said, “Look beanbags!”

Elena ran towards them and jumped onto them.

“Oh my gosh! Bubble chair,” I said as I dashed to sit in it.

“And we haven’t even seen the room!” Elena said.