Chapter 46: Confused

I walked into the building feeling like I had run into a sliding door. What was that all about? Yesterday he was bringing me gifts and messaging me at night. Today he treated me as a person he barely interacts with. I was stunned.

“Jade?” Ricardo said bringing me out of my daze, “You’ve been standing there for a minute.”

“Sorry, I was just thinking. How have you been?” I asked him walking towards the desk.

“I’ve been good, you?” he asked me.

“Good,” I replied.

“You sure? I do hear things you know, you do have four other friends,” he said and I assumed he was referring to Elena.

“No, I’m good thanks,” I said to him.

“Well that’s good to hear,” he said.

“Yeah, well I’ve got work to do so I’ll see you later,” I said to him.

“Ok, bye!” he said happily and I greeted him back. I got to my desk still wondering what the heck had just happened between Cesc and I.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ELENA POV

I was late. This was great. Damn, ugh Jade would have never let me oversleep.  I just noticed how I undervalued our friendship and what she meant to me. I ran towards the stadium and checked my watch. Thankfully I was only 2 minutes late and by the time I walked up it would only be 5. I began slowing down my walking pace after feeling a bit tired from all the running.

“Excuse me?” I heard a woman say with a Spanish accent. I turned my head to see a beautiful blond woman.

“I’m lost, could you help me?” she asked sweetly but for some reason it didn’t seem genuine.

“Sure,” I said back to her.

“Where is the stadium?” she asked me seriously. I wanted to laugh at her, she was at the stadium, did she really not know that?

“It’s right here,” I said stating the obvious. I could see she was annoyed with my response.

“I know that, but where do the players train?” she asked me. Was she serious?

“On the field,” I stated. This woman did not seem too bright.

“Great, take me there,” she commanded. She had a bit of arrogance but considering I was an employee of the club I had to help her. Even if I didn’t want too.

“Sure,” I said faking my joy.

“My boyfriend said I should come watch him today,” she said as I lead her.

“ I see,” I said acting interested.

“Yes, he is the best in the world, but for some reason the stupid coach can’t see that,” she said annoyed. Was this woman calling Pep stupid?

“Pep is one of the best coaches in the world,” I told her.

“Clearly not if he can’t see my baby deserves to be in every match,” she said and I could not believe what she was saying. Pep had his reasons and even though half of the fans never understood what he did, he always did what was best for the club. I assumed she must be talking about Thiago since he doesn’t play all the time but he is extremely talented. Who would think this is his girlfriend? I guess it could possibly be Adriano or Cuenca’s girlfriend. I didn’t know but I wasn’t going to ask her.

“And before you ask, I’ll tell you who’s my boyfriend,” she said proudly. Of course you will.

“Its Marc Bartra,” she said and I froze.