Chapter 107: Revelations

Hey guys! I've been flying and have gotten like no sleep for over 24 hours but I said I will try and keep this story updated weekly so here you all go :)

Also your comments and likes are so encouraging, it makes me feel bad if I'm late :p

Enjoy!

NATE POV

Cesc and I sat down on separate couches facing each other. I could see by the way he sat down and sighed heavily that he didn't even know what to say. I gave him a small encouraging smile.

“So,” I said seeing if he'd start the conversation.

“You need to tell she can't go,” he said bluntly with urgency. I looked at him confused.

“I know she won't listen to me and to be fair it makes sense, after everything I have put her through,” he said sadly. I knew there was only one person he was talking about and it was clear he was genuinely sorry about what had happened to Jade.

“Listen to you about what?” I asked still not sure what he was referring to.

“She can't go to work for Real Madrid!” he said angrily but it wasn't towards her. It was towards everything. To him the world was against him and things kept getting worse.

“Wait,” I said not fully comprehending what he had just said, “What are you talking about?”

“Jade was offered a job at Real Madrid,” he said helplessly his head in his hands.

“How do you know?” I asked shocked. There were also some other emotions, I didn’t want to feel them but I did. I was annoyed and hurt. This must have been what was on Jade's mind and she didn't tell me, she told him.

“It doesn't matter,” he said, “She can't go,” he said as if it was final.

“Why not?” I asked him a bit harshly. I know I should have kept my cool but I couldn’t help it. Ever since Jade met Cesc she had become a mess. I know they had feelings for each other but Jade always came out worse at the end of it. Not to mention I was upset that she could tell Cesc, a guy she knows for a few months compared to me, someone she knows for most of her life.

“What do you mean why not?!” he asked as if it was a no brainer, “It's Real Madrid!” he said as if he couldn't believe I was questioning him.

“I know that,” I said coolly. I needed to say calm since Cesc was clearly emotional. He looked at me with wild eyes for an explanation.

“Have you ever thought about what Jade wants to do?” I asked him and I could see he was thinking of retaliating automatically until he interpreted the question.

“She won't fit in there,” he said as an excuse but he knew that wasn't true.

“I mean we all help her here,” he said and that irritated me more than it should have. I shook my head at him.

“Do you have any idea how hard she's works?” I asked him honestly but I’m sure he could hear the anger in my voice. I knew it was not right of me but I couldn't stop myself. The words just started to come out.

“Have you ever asked her? All she has done is worry about you and she gets in trouble for it. People are saying she's the problem, not you,” I told him and I could see the guilt in his eyes.

“If there is one thing that she didn't need help in, it's her work. She works hard and she'll never openly admit it, but she's intelligent and will do almost anything to ensure she produces the best. You all might give her inspiration but everything she has done has been mainly her.”