Chapter 37: Conversations with certain players...

“Leo where have you been?” Cesc asked his good friend.

“The bathroom,” Leo said simply.

“Oh, I see, I just noticed you were gone for a while,” Cesc said.

“No, I was talking to the others before,” Leo said in a convincing tone.

“Oh,” Cesc said thinking he must have been confused. “Well I was thinking of going to see Jade quickly.”

“The break is over, the coach is already calling us back,” Leo said.

“It’s ok I’ll just be a bit late,” Cesc said.

“You know how he gets, and I have this feeling Jade will come here soon,” Leo said with a smile.

“Ok, I’ll go in the next break,” Cesc said listening to Leo.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Should I go or shouldn’t I go? I was not too sure how long I should wait before I go to the field. I smiled looking at the jacket. There was a lot of things I didn’t know about Leo, who knew he was so playful? I waited around and before I could take it any longer I decided to walk down to the field. I made sure to walk slowly to increase the amount of time since Leo came to see me. I finally got to the field and smiled. I could make out many small figures all playing with balls. That sounds so wrong. Jade! Why are you thinking like that? I shook my head to get those thoughts out and began walking quietly down the stairs. I could see all the players practicing. I saw Cesc with Pique, they were practicing passing. Pique kept passing the ball so Cesc could head it. It seemed I was very quiet as no one seemed to notice me when I was close to the barrier or so I had thought.

“Jade?” I heard a voice say. I turned to see Ibrahim Afellay looking up at me with an inquisitive face. Remember breathe jade, you can speak to Cesc normally, Leo normally, Alexis, ok well maybe not Alexis, ok you smile like an idiot around him but – just speak Jade! You’re thinking too much, he might think you’re crazy.

“Yes?” I said to him. Yes? That’s what I came up with? I was tempted to hit myself in the face but refrained from doing so. He just nodded slightly.

“So, um, how are you?” I asked him trying to make conversation.

“I’m good, thanks. You?” he asked me back.

“I’m-,” I said but I made the mistake of looking straight into his eyes. I could feel I was silent for a little too long, too mesmerized by them.

“Um, I’m good,” I said closing my eyes and then looking down.

“So what brings you here?” he asked.

“I came to give Leo back his jacket,” I said once again looking at him but this time I avoided full eye contact.

“Again?” he asked.

“No he left another one behind when-,” I said stopping mid-sentence. I was a bit confused as to what to say. Should I say Leo came to visit me? Or would he get suspicious? But wait, why would that even matter?

“When what?” he asked me.

“When-,” I said about to make up an excuse but was saved by someone.

“Jade!” Alexis shouted happily running towards the barrier. Ibrahim turned his head to Alexis in shock. I looked up and saw Cesc a bit behind Alexis smiling at me but it wasn’t for too long as a ball smacked him straight in the face. I looked at Cesc with my mouth open worried if he was ok. He seemed a bit frozen at first and then took his hand and rubbed his face.