Chapter 83: Successful Date

Hey Everyone! Not sure if you all saw my message but I will be posting one chapter a day till Christmas!

Enjoy! :)

I got up feeling tired despite sleeping so much. I might have slept but it was restless sleep. Just a random mix of thoughts and things that happened throughout the day floated in my mind throughout the night. I hated when I woke up like this because my head just didn't feel right.

I got up slowly taking a while to decide whether I should still attempt some sleep or if I should just get out of bed. After a few minutes of wondering, I finally decided since Ibrahim would come pick me up in a while, I might as well go for a shower. Hopefully the warm water would somehow help me think and relax me.

I looked at the time and it was 9:00. He was only picking me up at 11:00 but I couldn't go back to sleep even if I wanted to so I slowly got out of bed. I got into the shower and lost track of time just enjoying the warm water fall all over me. I knew I had to find a way to speak to Cesc, to explain what really happened. I remembered that the game was today and maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to bring it up before that but I couldn't think of any other way I could see him where he couldn't just walk away if he wanted to. If I met him right before the game he would have to talk to me. At least act civil in front of everyone else. I didn't even need much time, just a summarized version that what I said to Daniella was in retaliation to what she had said to me. Well I was trying to convince myself it was that easy.

I was thinking so much I barely noticed how long I really was in the shower. When I got out I looked at the time and saw it was already 9:45. I decided against wearing any white this time since I remembered the bad memories with the coffee. This time I went more simple. I wore a dark washed jeans, a blue flowy top with a silver bolero over. I wore hoop earrings, a long silver necklace and my favorite swatch watch. I didn't wear too much make up more because I wasn't in the mood, so I just put some basics but made sure I still look nice. I finally walked into the kitchen and decided to make a cup of tea. I heard the door of Elena's room open and I saw her smile at me sleepily.

"Hey," she said quietly, "I was going to talk to you when I got back last night but you were sleeping so I didn't want to disturb you."

"You could have, I could barely get sleep anyway," I said while filling the kettle with water. She leaned with her back on the counter and looked at me concerned.

"Are you ok?" she asked me.

"You saw what happened," I told her.

"Yeah, but it was Daniella Jade, we all know you don't normally snap like that." I sighed.

"Even Cesc knows that," she said as an afterthought.

"You didn't see the look he gave me El, it was like he was so disappointed," I said thinking about how his face looked so crestfallen and I shook my head to try and get the image out of my mind.

"Jade, it's not like what you said was ignored," she said. Of course it wasn't. How could anyone ignore what I said yesterday? Even I was surprised at myself at what I had said. I didn't fully regret what I said but at the same time I still feel bad that I said it or more that I was caught saying it.

"Yeah I know that," I said.

"No I mean I think it had an impact on Cesc," she said to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked her wondering what she was referring to.

"Look, we stayed a while after you left but we heard the two of them arguing," she said.

"You mean Daniella and Cesc?" I asked and I felt so bad that I was actually a bit happy to hear that.