Chapter 31: Conversations...

PLAYERS POV

“So she’s one of the girls you were all talking about,” Pedro said as they all walked towards the car park to get back to practice.

“Well she’s Cesc’s “one”,” Pique said.

“Gerard, when will you give up?” Cesc said already embarrassed enough, “Did you have to say all that in front of her?” Cesc could not understand why his best friend had to bring all that up. It was unnecessary and Cesc knew that it made things a bit awkward, “Now I have to explain how you all were joking around.”

“Cesc we weren’t! It’s the truth, you did take a long time,” Pedro said.

“If you are just friends with her than none of this should be a big issue,” Pique said taunting Cesc.

“Are you just friends?” Alexis asked inquisitively.

“Yes! Why do all keep asking me?!” Cesc said fed up with the accusations.

“Good to know,” Alexis said with a smile.

“Please Cesc, you like her, I know you do,” Pique said still teasing him.

“Gerard, I don’t. I like my girlfriend,” Cesc said.

“Well you can like your girlfriend but you can like another person more,” Pedro said.

“Ha! Pedro! You are right,” Pique said high fiving Pedro. Cesc was clearly getting annoyed with the way Pedro and Pique were teaming up against him.

“He said they are friends guys, leave it,” Alexis said.

“Gracias Alexis,” Cesc said but he wondered why Alexis was taking his side, “Now let’s get to practice before Xavi lectures us about the importance of the club. Again.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

JADE POV

I got back to work but I was clearly on a high and barely watched the time. Just then I heard the door open again and everyone walked in from their meetings.

“So anything interesting happen while we were gone?” Nate asked.

“Jade where did you get this coffee cup from?” Elena asked me picking it up and examining it.

“Nothing much,” I said to Nate, “Except you know, Cesc, Pedro, Pique and Sanchez came to visit,” I said as if it wasn’t a big deal.

“What?!” Demi shouted as I smiled.

“And this coffee?” Elena said skeptically.

“Cesc got it for me,” I said.

“What!? He brought you coffee?!” Elena shrieked.

“That is crazy! Elena he must love her!” Demi said.

“I know!” Elena said.

“He doesn’t! He just said he came to visit me as a friend,” I said. I mean Pedro must have been exaggerating. I mean you buy friends coffee and there is nothing wrong with making sure you choose a good flavor for them. It makes perfect sense I told myself justifying what they said.

“Right,” Elena said.

“Oh Demi,” I said, “Alexis said I should tell you he says hi.”

“What!? He said that!? Like he remembered me!? Ahh!” Demi said and I could see she was in heaven.

“So no one wanted to say hi to us?” Matt said and all of a sudden I felt really bad. I got so caught up in how the players were giving us attention I forgot about the guys.