15.

„There was a path between two hidden doors,

in one of them is our love and int he other,

is the truth about you. Which one do I choose?"

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

We were lying down on the planet as the fire was keeping us warm. His muscular body was pressed against my back, and I couldn't lie that I didn't enjoy this moment.

It was special.

Magical.

His fingers moved from my arm to my neck, making my heart beat faster. I stared at the fire, enjoying this moment between us. There were no words spoken, our bodies were telling us what we wanted. And they never wanted to end this.

"You know what I realized?" He asked.

"What?" I looked up to him.

"You never talked about your parents." The moment he said those words, my mind became paralyzed. I don't know if I'm ready to talk about them.

"Neither will I," I moved from the lying to the sitting position.

"Why is that?" He sat next to me, wrapping his hand around my waist.

"My family isn't good. Especially my father. He made me do such horrifying things that still hunt me today," I tried not to think about him, but I couldn't. No matter how much I tried.

"He can't be that bad," He said.

I looked at the fire in front of me. "I almost killed a person because of him."

Henry turned quiet. I know what he is probably thinking now. How could someone like me do such horrible things?

"Don't worry, I didn't kill anyone," I looked at him. "I almost did, but I stopped myself."

"Who was it?" I felt his fingers moving up my spine.

"Him," I chuckled. "I almost killed him."

"Why?"

"Because he abused my mother for years. I watched it for years what he would do to her. The anger became so unbearable that one day I finally snapped and wanted to kill him," I paused for a moment. "I waited for him to come home and go lie down on a couch until he finally fell asleep. I took my chance and grabbed a pillow, and stood in front of him, thinking if I should do it or not."

"What stopped you?"

"He woke up," I looked ahead, not wanting to see his face.

Henry cupped my cheek, wiping off a tear that I didn't know was falling down. "Hey," He made me look at him. "Tell me, would you do it? I mean, if he didn't wake up."

I shook my head. "No."

He leaned down to me and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Do you want to know why didn't you do it?" I looked at him speechlessly as he continued. "You are too kind to do something like that."

"How do you know that? You don't even know me."

He smiled. "I know enough about you to know that you are not a monster. You are just a girl who tried got pushed into the corner and let her darkness get the best of her. But you know what? You won. You didn't let the darkness consume you."

"Thank you," I leaned into him, kissing him on the lips before pulling away.

„Anyway, Did you like our date today?" He asked, his fingers stopping at my neck, he slowly moved my hair behind my neck. I turned around, my hands accidentally touching his chest. I looked up to him, and that amusing on his face was telling me that he didn't mind that I was touching him.