8.

„Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you believe we have our own fate?

Do you believe in an internal love, my sweet soul?"

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

It has been two weeks since I had come back from the hospital, and almost a month since I moved here from Sweden. Every day seemed to pass slower and slower, and yet I couldn't miss the change of the color in nature. The leaves turned yellow, starting to fall down the trees and slowly started to die in the sudden coldness. And just like them, I was dying from boredom, and even that the girls or Lena were keeping me company every time they had some free time.

After I told the girls what happened, of course leaving out the part where I saw a demon, we didn't mention it ever back again. Now during those two weeks, I tried to keep up with every class I'm taking, but what I had thought it would be possible ended up being impossible.

English was one of those things that was hard to keep up, with that, I also had to read three books in a week. But the most difficult part was definitely avoiding my mom and Anastasia, but that was also impossible.

After I was on Skype with Anastasia, mom also insisted on video chatting, and that's how she found out what had happened. She wasn't very pleased with what had happened to me. Lena and Louis had some difficult time convincing her not to fly over here just because of a „small accident." Of course, I haven't told her the real truth. I only told her that I got hit by a car. It was a small lie, but it was for the best. I couldn't risk her and my father coming here.

My health was fine. Partly.

The bruises had faded a little, the cut on the leg has almost completely healed, and the arm was okay too. Yesterday I had a checking and the doctor said that it would be okay and that I needed to have another checking in another two weeks again.

As far as my nightmares, they were still here and they didn't disappear a little bit. Every night I woke up when I saw those red eyes in my dreams.

Sometimes I would wake up screaming, and sometimes I was wet to the bones.

What's the worst part, I lost Lena's necklace.

I'm sure that I had lost it during that night. I tried everything to keep my mind stable, from sleeping with an open light or even having Ronny with me, but the one thing that helped me somehow was reading.

Sometimes, just like now, I would sit on the porch and read a book while the sounds of the wind and the birds were calming me down.

Ronny was lying next to me as I read the Fifth witness by Michael Connley on the porch.

It was 2 p.m., and Lena and Louis were still not here. In the morning, a piece of paper was waiting for me, saying that they would come home around noon.

At first, I thought that this would be another perfect day, lying on the porch with a book and some hot chocolate beside me, but I was wrong.

Ronny lifted his head up as he heard some sound coming from the forest, and just like the rest time, he ran into the forest. Jumping off the bench, I grabbed my crutch before walking into the forest.

„Ronny!" I whistled two times, „Come here, Ronny! Don't make me chase you again." Walking deeper into the forest, memories oft hat night started to flash in front of my eyes.

„Ronny!" I yelled, hearing some noise coming from behind me. I turned around, seeing something running behind a tree.

As my anxiety kicked in, I tried to walk faster out of the forest. The noise was coming close, and I could swear that I heard a growl. The same growl from the night I almost died.