14.

„Bring me back to the place where it all started,

bring me back to the night where it all happened,

the night where our story had begone."

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

„Here is the book and your library card, Mrs. Jeferson." Smiling at the old lady, I gave her the book she wanted and her library card. Mrs. Jeferson smiled at me, placing the things into her small, black bag.

„Thank you, my dear," She said „I didn't see you here before. Are you new?"

I nodded. „Yes, I am," I walked around the counter, helping the old lady to get out of the library.

„Goodnight, my dear."

„Goodnight," I turned the sign to closed and took a deep breath. Finally, it was all done. Today was a busy day. There were more people coming than usual. By that, I mean there were about 24 people here.

Most of my time I had spent sorting out books and placing them back on the shelves. I have to say, the whole day didn't pass as fast as I hoped it would have, but now it was officially over. Now I could focus on my date.

Checking my phone, I looked at what time it was and if I had any messages from Henry. It was fifteen minutes to seven and I have no messages from him. He should be here in a few minutes. I grabbed the remaining books from my counter and started walking through the shelves to the back wall where a small shelf was placed beneath a huge portrait of a woman in a black dress.

The portrait looked creepy under the low light, and I have a feeling that someone was watching me from behind the portrait. Looking up to the portrait, I stared at the eyes for a moment before I placed the remaining books on the shelves. I placed each book in their place when I heard the bell ring.

It was him.

„I will be right there, I just need to place these books on the shelves," I said, but there was no answer. Turning around, I screamed as I saw Tyler standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

„What are you doing here?" I asked him, trying to catch some air.

„I thought to come to say and wish good luck on your first day," He made a step forward. „I didn't want to scare you."

„Well you did and thank you, I really appreciate it," Making a step back, I finished placing the rest of the books on the shelves.

„I was wondering if you want to go out on a dinner with me." When I turned around, he was already standing across the library, in front of the giant painting, admiring it. His fingers were slowly going down the little boy's face.

I looked at the painting and my eyes widened as I remembered when Ashley told me that those were the Nightclaws. His family. And the boy that his fingers were passing down was probably him. His younger self.

„You didn't change a thing," I said, standing next to him as we both looked at the painting in front of us. He turned to me, his eyes were traveling through my face. He didn't think that I already knew who he was.

„I guess you know who I am," His eyes twinkled with amusement. „Did my brother tell you everything about me?"

„Nicklaus didn't tell me a thing," I looked him into the eyes. „The first time I saw you, you reminded me of Nicklaus but then I thought that wasn't possible. Then I had seen both of you at the University. That was when I found out who you were." He looked surprised when I mentioned Nicklaus. He didn't expect that I would mention him. He probably thought about someone else.