16.

„There is a string connecting us together. Strong. Hard."

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

During the past three weeks, everything had changed between Henry and I. How we had spent more and more time together, he made strange things to my heart more than he usually did. He made me feel happy and actually loved.

Sometimes he would spend a night at my place even if Lena and he weren't having the best time together, but they were slowly talking to each other.

You know, first, you had to learn how to walk and then how to run. Not the opposite way. He even helped us with the crib and the baby room. I couldn't believe that there were only two months until the baby's birth. I can't even describe how excited I'm feeling. Even more than now seeing the way Henry was helping Ashley and me with the new books for the library.

„Can you place that box on the corner of the desk," Ashley said to him as he carried the box into the library. I stood between the third and fourth shelves, placing the new books on the shelf.

„Thank God this is the last box because I'm not going to carry any of this shit again."

Ashley placed her hand on her hip and gave him a death glare, „You offered to do this so don't cry like a baby right now." Henry made a step towards her. Oh, no. Not again.

„When is Peter coming to pick you up?" I asked, trying to change the subject. I placed the remaining books on the shelves and picked the empty box up, carrying it to Henry and Ashley.

She turned to me, checking her wristwatch. „He should be here any minute."

Henry placed a hand over my shoulder and pulled me to him, placing a kiss on my forehead.

„I have to go now, but I will come to your house tonight," Leaning down, he placed a kiss on my nose, then a hot kiss on my lips.

„Peter!" Ashley screamed and ran to her boyfriend Peter. Catching her, he lifted her up and spun her around for a few seconds before putting her down, and pulling her to his body, only to kiss her on the lips.

„I missed you," He dipped his head into her shoulder, placing a few kisses down her neck.

"They are cute," Henry whispered into my ear, but the only thing I could concentrate about right now was the heavy smell in my nose.

"Hey, are you okay?" Henry asked.

I nodded. "Yes, it's just that, I have some weird smell stuck in my nose. Like some chemical or sulfur."

"Sulfur?" He looked at me confused.

I shook my head. "Nevermind."

Pulling away from each other, both Peter and Ashley turned to us. Peter's eyes widened the moment he saw Henry. He wasn't the only one who did that. During these past weeks, everyone widened their eyes when they saw him.

„Al-." Henry cut him off before he could finish it. „Henry." What was that about?

I looked over at Ashley who looked everywhere then at me.

„Nice to meet you. I'm Peter, Ashley's boyfriend," He smiled at him, shaking his hand. His eyes traveled to mine and then back at Henry.

„It's nice meeting you, Peter. I'm Elizabeth," I said.

„Nice too finally meet you. I heard a lot about you," He smiled.

Henry pulled me back to him, his grip was strong, hard around my body. He was getting in that protective mood again. He did that a lot lately. Every time when I would talk to a guy, he turned into an alpha male.