The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, The Lion, and The Girl

May 13, 2018

The Silver Dollar City Trip was AMAZINNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!

The ride up was pretty good. Jazz-my seat partner-kind of left me to sit with someone else, so I had a seat to myself. I sat lengthwise across it since I was short enough to have that capability. My feet were barely sticking out in the isle, XD. I just shaved my legs and I was in shorts, so Colby Jack kept tickling them ughhh lol.

Russ let me use his MP3 for the trip up. I was sitting there listening to nothing but Twenty One Pilots.

When we got to the park, we got our tickets and went inside. Mr. Davis talked to us briefly, going over rules and reminding us to stay in a group with the minimum of three people. I grouped up with K2SO, DiAngelo, and Brayden. I was the only girl, but honestly I got treated like a queen. I learned that if you want to avoid girly drama and gossip, hang around a group of boys for a day XD.

We first went on a roller coaster called Thunderation, which is the smallest adult roller coaster in the park. We also went on a water ride, but the three boys were getting onto me because I didn't get as wet as them (even though my whole back was soaked lol. The rest of me was damp). The dude loading some other band kids from our school onto the water ride flossed-and he was like forty! It was great. We all went to the bathroom after going through the ride. I wore a yellow shirt to the park because I wanted to wear a light color other than white, but I didn't realize how transparent it became when it was wet until I looked in the bathroom mirror. I walked outside where all the boys were waiting, and I was like, "Crap, ya'll didn't tell me how see-through my shirt was."

DiAngelo was like, "Well, we aren't creepy perverts, so we don't pay attention to how see-through a girl's shirt is. We just look at them from the neck up."

"Well, what about the other people here?" I countered.

"Dude, you're never gonna see them again," he countered. So...yeah, he kind of won that argument. My extra shirt was back on the bus anyway.

So at one point, we went on a roller coaster called Powder Keg. I hated that one so much. The roller coaster shot you forward on the track, going 0 to 60 miles per hour in about three seconds. Well, that didn't excite me too much, and that resulted in the worst panic attack that I've had yet. I was hyperventilating the whole ride and a few minutes afterward and almost cried. CS and Amelia met up with us on the ride and sat behind us. Amelia could hear me hyperventilating from where she was behind me. I got off the ride and almost left my Twenty One Pilots hat in the cubby; I was in that much shock and panic. I hugged CS, and the other boys tried to calm me down, which I am extremely grateful for. They waited patiently while I recovered.

CS didn't like Powder Keg that much either. He was yelling in terror the whole ride, and at one point yelled out, "I NEED SOME RELIGION!!!" Then, when we were pulling into the unloading dock, he was like, "Rey, can I go to church with you!?" Of course, I was too panicked to reply, but it was great. So yeah, I hated that roller coaster. The boys let me choose the next ride.

Even, though I hated Powder Keg, I loved WildFire, which is a roller coaster that I rode back in third grade. It had three loopty-loops and a barrel roll. CS chickened out of that one, but Amelia and a flute player named Landon rode with our squad. Back in third grade, I closed my eyes the whole ride, but I kept my eyes opened the whole time this time. It was epic!

The three boys would always fight over who would get to sit next to me on the rides. Brayden and DiAngelo didn't want to sit next to K2SO because he has a girlier scream than me lol. I mean, I screamed on the rides, too, but not as loudly as K2.

We waited in line a while to ride Outlaw Run, which is the world's largest wooden coaster (I think). However, it closed right before we rode because someone threw up on it. So, we went on other rides like Fire in the Hole, which is a roller coaster going through a mine. Then, we ran into Mr. and Mrs. Davis, who were on their way to Time Traveler-the newest coaster. K2 and I were too afraid to ride it because there have been rumors about it getting stuck, so we went next door to Thunderation while Brayden and DiAngelo went with Mr. and Mrs. Davis. We had to stick close to Time Traveler's entrance because of the three person rule, and there was only the pair of us. Thunderation's line had very few people, so K2 and I rode it four times in a row. The track was a bit jerky (I am ashamed to say that I cried on that coaster in third grade, lol), so I had to take breaks between runs because my head was pounding and my neck was hurting. When we went back to the entrance, we ran into Mel, Cass, Gio, and Savanna. They went with us on the roller coaster because they hadn't been on that one yet. When our roller car was pulling out on the track, I looked down and saw Graden going through the route for the line.