Chapter Thirteen

We all crammed into the taxi and Zach told the driver a restaurant name I'm not familiar with. I sat in the middle with Zach on my left and Drew on my right.

Can you say awkward or what?

I fidgeted uncomfortably in my seat and Zach noticed because he began bouncing his knee repeatedly next to mine. I continued to ignore it because I'm trying to stand on a high ground, but he really is starting to become a nuisance. Drew shoots me a look of sympathy and I smile at him, reassuring him that I'm fine. The cab pulls to a stop , letting Drew out first.

We all cram out and I see paparazzi all crowded outside the restaurant. I shield my eyes and I hold onto Drew, but Zach takes a grab of my waist and pulls me into his side, shooting me a wink. I growl internally and Drew laughs while he tries to get the attention of the paparazzi.

At least someone is enjoying this.

We finally get inside the cafe and Zach lets go of me. I'm relieved, but at the same time his embrace was comforting. We're immediately approached by a hostess with a perky smile. She aims at Zach, "How may I help you Mr. Hefner?" she asks with a hint of seduction playing in her tone.

Zach smiles lightly, "Table for three; I made reservations," the hostess smiles wickedly at him, giving him a once-over and I grab ahold of Zach's hand to make her snap out of her trance. Zach states at me amusingly and he moves his hand to my butt. I grimace and he smirks, knowing I won't remove his hand.

I force a smile at her, "Our table please?" I say and Drew stifles a laugh. She nods negatively and grabs three menus. She leads us to a rounded table around the mid center. We get a few glances from people near us and a few stare at us in awe and a few glare at me with disgust. Well damn, I didn't know that the waitress was that hated.

I'm not funny, I know.

"Your waiter will be with you shortly; enjoy your meal," the hostess says, leaving us to ourselves.

"Wow Ria, I didn't know you had it in you to be the one to put the moves on," Drew jokes and I glare at him.

"I only did it because she wouldn't hurry up with her ogle-fest," I defended and Zach nods sarcastically.

"Oh really? You didn't have any other intentions?" he smirks and I blush.

"No! She was being unprofessional," I stated a bit too quickly. Zach and Drew narrowed their eyes at me unbelievably.

Our waiter approached with a friendly smile and he tools out a notepad, "Hello, my name is Adam, can I start you off with drinks?" he says.

"Iced tea," Zach states.

"Sprite," Drew says.

I look through the menu one more time, "And for you miss?" Adam says.

"She'll have a coke," Zach firmly states and the waiter nods and leaves.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask curiously.

"You wouldn't hurry," he states.

"So? Why would you do that?" I ask.

"Because the dude was hard core eye-raping you," Drew says amusingly.

I snap my head towards Zach, "Oh, I see, you were jealous," I smirk at him and his face hardens.

"No I was not, I thought you would enjoy a cold, glass, of Coke," he smirked back, taking pauses between 'cold glass of coke.'

"You're an ass," I state, looking through my menu. Drew just chuckled quietly to himself while I glanced through the food selection.

A couple of girls who were giggling and hinting flirtatiously at Drew strolled past us and his eyes followed their actions, "I think that's my calling," he winks at me as he gets us from our table, following the two girls, and leaving me and Zach alone.