Chapter Thirty Eight

I finally put on my last piece of clothing as I tossed the dirty rag that the hospital put on me. Who puts that gown on me anyways? Ugh, I hope it's not some old creep, I shudder of the the thought of some hag undressing me.

I get a knock on my door, "come in," I reply, I mean I'm dressed and decent. I'm shocked to say the least, to see Lucas. He hasn't even called or texted, or anything. Although now he wants to just show up here all high and mighty? I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows.

"Hi," he says awkwardly. Ugh, I can't believe I took him back. Okay, it's the angry and emotional me talking here because I still love him, "how's Ria?" He asks first. How about how's me? You know the girl you dumped and has been lying lifeless in this stupid bed.

"I wouldn't know, I'm about to see her," I shrug and he nods.

"How about you?" I sigh dramatically. And take a seat on the bed. I look at him expectantly and he follows me, sitting next to me.

"I feel like shit." He looks to the ground as if it was his fault. He always blames himself for things he didn't do, takes responsibility, "it wasn't you... obviously," I don't know what to say so I ask, "what are you doing here, Luc?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, and well not going insane," he chuckles and I do too.

"A little too late for that, you should've seen me last night," I smile triumphantly and he cracks a smile.

"I heard, I mean attacking a doctor, a girl, and a sucker punch to Zach," he laughs and then I'm reminded. The girl, she was videotaping! Oh no, I thought. Who knows who she could be selling that film to.

"Yeah... well, I should really go see my sister," I say as I stand.

He nods in understanding, "you're right, sorry for holding you," he says and I stare at him, "well, I'm glad you're okay, and just know if you ever... Need anything, I'm here,"

"You say that, but things... things won't be the same, Luc," I hit him with the cold hard truth. I hate how guys or girls are always like 'im here for you.' I mean are they really? If they were here for me, they would be with me, by my side. But he's not, he's at a distance, holding out a hand that won't ever reach me. Not as if I'd take it anyways.

"It could be, we could still be-"

"Yeah, yeah, friends sure," I interrupted. I rolled my eyes. This is the classic, cliche breakup all over again.

"No, I was going to say hang out and talk, I was your friend once, and I can still be, Scar. I love you still, and that's not going to change because we didn't work out-"

"And why is that?" I shouted, "why didn't we work out? Because of Zach? Well guess what, it's over! So now what?"

He stands motionless, before he gathers he strength to talk, "you and I both know that wasn't the only issue," he says quietly. I look away, I don't want to deal with this right now, he distracting me from seeing my sister, "we've had issues, all it is, is just physical nowadays. We used to be close, now it's just sex and what we're eating for dinner," he complains. He sounds like a girl, oh my god.

"Sorry I'm wasn't everything you wanted," I shrug and with that, I left the room.

I find my sister on the third floor, one level below mine. I finally reach her door, and I don't dare to step in. The fact that she's in a coma and not able to speak her mind and whatnot just makes me sad. I guess in this case if I make a rude comment, she won't snap at me. I chuckle, feeling good to laugh. We'll get through this, I told myself.