Chapter Ten

Hope you all enjoy!

Alexandria

"Scarlett! Keep your eyes open!" Zach shouted at Scar, as he carrys her to a taxi.

This is all my fault, I shouldn't have been there, "Ria, open the door for me!" he scowls, as the taxi awaits and I do as I'm commanded. He lies her in the seat and I get into the passenger side. I tell the driver to the nearest hospital, since I don't really know my way around New York, but he seemed to know where to go because he began driving, no questions asked. My stomach begins to churn because I don't know what will happen, I just hope she's okay, "Come on Scar, stay with me, we're almost there," he said, barely audible, but I could still hear, as I looked back to see him caressing her cheek. I don't know why Scar was saying how everyone chose me instead of her, I mean Zach seems to be so in love with her, same as Lucas... I turned my eyes back to the road and the driver pulled into the nearest hospital, which wasn't a long drive whatsoever. I paid him his fair and exited the cab, with Zach ahead, while Scarlett just dangles in his arms.

Two hours Earlier...

Scarlett

I got into the cab with nothing new. Instead of shopping for my family, like I was supposed to do, I went straight to the bar. Ria shouldn't have said those words, she doesn't even know what's she was up to; hanging around Layne probably has done her no good. I went straight inside and demanded a shot of vodka. I needed some cheering up to do, and since my sister is acting like a know-it-all bitch, well so am I, except I'm not out there as a decoy.

I'm the real Scarlett Braden!

I was already on my third shot, when I felt it going down my system. She shouldn't be at that party anyways, this is my life, she's supposed to be helping, not flirting with boys and partying like there's no tomorrow!

Another shot down...

Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I got up off my stool, paying the bartender a fifty, not giving a damn about the change. I hailed a cab and told him Zach's address. If anyone should be the one partying, it shouldn't be my twin decoy, it should be the realest of them all, which happens to be me.

* * *

After arriving to Zach's, the party was in full swing. It was at the rooftop, which is where Zach always hosts his party, saying something about he doesn't trust anyone to be in his house, which I totally agree. I searched the place to see Ria nowhere to be found. I smirk at the fact I'm here first and when she does arrive, I won't be the one to be leaving. I went straight to the bar and instead of waiting, I went straight to the front and demanded a drink. I took a gulp and noticed this guy chuckling beside me. I glared at him and he just smirked, "Are you always like this?" he asks and I raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"Like what? Do explain," I waved him to continue.

"Like this, bold, straightforward, and a bit of a queen bee," he laughed.

"Well to answer your question, why don't you join me out in the center and find out," I wink, leaving him and my drink to go to the dance floor. I'm definitely feel the alcohol boozing on me, but I don't care. I throw my hands in the air and start grinding to the music, before I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist. Looking up, standing there is the guy I was talking to. I didn't care for his name, and it seems he didin't either. No strings attached. We just continued to dance without no care in the world.

Alexandria

We finally arrived to Zach's place and I was pretty excited if I do say so myself. We took the elevators straight to the rooftop, which is thrilling, "Another one of his rooftop parties," Tyrone laughs. I'm guessing the mysterious Zachary Hefner doesn't like the fact of strangers being in his house. We step out of the elevator and the music is already blaring, but not too loud, probably because this is an apartment building, so it'd be bad if there was a lot of complaints on Zach's side.