The Council Have Arrived

Reginas mother is a very secretive person , although she is a loving mother Regina knows Cora has an unclear past that she tries not to bring up but one week when Regina is visiting from New York she starts to pick up on a few suspicious things , starting with someone familiar to her.

It all started the first night Regina went to her mother's house in the suburbs of Boston for a break , Regina is a high school Teacher even though she is fully qualified to be a lawyer like her mother she chose to be a teacher .

She was driving when she seen blue and red lights fly past her .what the hell? She thought to herself before continuing to drive to her mother's house , when she got to the gate her mother's assistant Daniel buzzed her in .

" great to see you again Regina" Daniel said smiling at the smaller but older brunette " you too Daniel, where's mother ?" Regina asked him putting  her coat in the foyer " in her office taking a call , she told me to tell you dinner is on and to get comfortable " Regina nodded and Daniel went back into Cores office .

Regina was in the kitchen eating an apple when her mother walked in "Reggie" Regina rolled her eyes "mother I'm thirty two ..you can't call me that anymore " Cora shushed her daughter " never too old for a nickname darling how are you " Regina hugged her mother "I'm good , and you mom ..how are you ?" Cora smiled brightly at her daughter " perfect , Zelena was here last week with Robyn for a few days and your brother well .." Regina nodded " yea we all know how Jefferson is " they laughed , Cora turned to the oven to check the lasagne " why are you still wearing your work clothes Regina ..change you don't look comfortable " Regina took another bite of her apple " I am comfortable" Cora scoffed " in six inch stilettos ? Don't think so dear , and stop eating that you'll spoil your dinner .now go change " Regina grunted and walked up the stairs " I'm not a teenager anymore mother " Cora laughed
" then don't act like one " .

Regina changed into highwaisted blue ripped jeans and a vest top with a flannel over it and put half her hair up out of her face , she walked back down the stairs and did a twirl
" better mother ?" She said sarcastically but Cora just smiled
" much ". Regina always thought it was so weird how her mother was such a kind family person but a hard-core lawyer "you know Reggie , Danny is single " Regina rolled her eyes at her mother " mother I am not Interested in Daniel and it's clear to see he is gay " Cora turned around surprised " is he ?" Regina nodded
" why didn't you tell me Regina , I've been asking him if he has any lady friends the whole time !" Regina laughed at her mother's embarrassment " don't worry he won't take it to heart ..he can't , your the mother of three gays " Cora laughed " Your bisexual , your sister experimented and Jeff is married to a woman " .Regina stood up to set the table " yes but you and I both know Seb is really gay " Cora ignored her daughter suspicion " I could care less as long as you three are happy ..im happy " Regina set the table and helped her mother lift dinner " call Daniel and Abuela for dinner please" Cora said getting glasses for the table. Regina went to the doors " DANIEL !! ABUELA !! DINNER " she went back into the kitchen when she heard footsteps .

" ahh mija , how's my girl ?" Reginas abuela asked her in Spanish " I'm fine Abuela ,thank you " Regina replied in Spanish . " mother you know to use English when Danny is around ..it confuses him " Cora scolded her mother just before Daniel entered the kitchen "umm Hello Danny , how is you " Abuela asked sarcastically "mother " Cora scolded again " I'm kidding Cora relax , sit Danny, eat .your too skinny " Abuela demanded , Daniel chuckled and sat beside Regina . They all chatted while they ate , mostly about work and life ." Mija your mother has a big murder case " Abuela praised " really mom ? That's not great but great ..is it manslaughter or homicide ?" Regina asked " they think homicide but my defendant was out of town the murders were committed and I don't think they were done by the same person anyway " Cora smoky said before sipping her wine " oh ? ..well have you talked to him " Regina continued " no they only caught him today trying to leave the country , that was the call I was on ..im being called in tommorow " Regina nodded and stayed quiet " you can look at the case files and evidence if you wish ..i know it's your guilty pleasure " Cora said looking at her daughter , Regina just smiled and shook her head " I don't get it ..you love solving it but you didn't want to be a lawyer ?" Daniel asked , Regina nodded "yea it's like watching a movie..you like it but don't want to be in one  "  Daniel  nodded not really understanding and finished his meal .

When Daniel went home Cora went to her office to work a little more but gave Regina copy of the files and evidence , Regina brought them to her room with her . She was reading the detailed coroners report .

' the victim sustained twenty slashes to his arms and chest , his fingernails were pulled . He was electrocuted and died of a heart attack '

"Jesus Christ ...that is rough, after surviving that he died of a heart attack " Regina said to herself . She was brought out of her own world when she heard hushed arguing so she went out to the hall so she could see who it was , she looked over the staircase and saw her mother and a young blonde woman with long hair and green eyes , she was wearing suit trousers , heels and a whittle blouse open just above her boobs . Regina looked down and noticed she had a gun attached to her hip .

" I told you Emma ..dont worry about it " Cora said trying to quiet Emma down " no Cora! You bloody know as well as I do this is something to worry about " Cora put her finger to her mouth " my daughter is upstairs sleeping ...be quiet Swan " Emma ran her fingers through her hair " if I get done for this I'm coming for you Cora" Emma went to walk to the door but Cora said something " what ?" Emma asked " I said don't forget who got you this far Emma" Emma walked up to coras face " don't you dare threaten me ..we both know what I'm capable of " Cora took a step back "and I will not but an innocent man in prison to cover ..not again " Emma said barley audible but Regina caught it " I never asked you to " Cora replied crossing her arms . Emma walked right over to Cora and whispered in her ear " well that sleeping daughter of yours is on the stairs .hiding.listening to our conversations " Cora looked over her shoulder " she knows about the case " Emma grunted " well keep her out !" Emma then walked dour the door and Regina ran to her room and looked out her bedroom window , the blonde got in an old yellow bug and made a call before driving off , Regina caught glimpse of a sleeping boy in the back of the car .

What the hell is going on here .