Rose 4

"Ty, where's Eun?" I ask as Ty as I walk into our the main building classroom.

"Well, she left to go back to Korea. My brother is having some health problems," he explains.

"Will he be okay?"

"I don't know, Rose."

"Why are you still here? Shouldn't you go see him?"

"I plan to, after the dance."

"Oh, yeah, the dance it tonight isn't it." I feel my heart race as I remember the dance. We planned it for so long. I want it to go well. "Ty, are you sure you want to wait until after the dance?" I question.

"Rose, don't worry. I can wait, he's not on his death bed right now," he answers.

Maybe he's right, I should stop worrying about him. I can't really help but to worry about him. He's lived the happiest life out of all of us and I just want to see him smile all the time. I can tell he's worried about his brother. Maybe, he'll be happy when he goes back to his home in Korea. Ty hasn't been as happy as he usually is. I can tell there's something troubling him.

"Hey losers," Star says as she takes her seat in the little classroom.

"Hey, Star," Ty mutters.

"Where's Blueberry? He said he'd be here," Star questions.

"I don't know I haven't seen Adrien at all today," I reply.

The three of us being talking about random things to pass time before class. The bell rings and we are the only ones in the classroom. I can feel worry fill the room. Star and Ty don't show their worry but I know they are a little worried. Star stands up and looks around the room as our substitute teacher walks in. I know Star's just going to walk out of the room to find the others but I feel she should at least wait until after attendance is done. Star walks out of the room and the teacher tries to call her back to class. I look at the board in the front of the room and read the name 'Ms. Smith'.

The substitute teacher walks back into the class and smiles at Ty and I. Her looks resemble Kat but only in the slightest bit. Her eyes are the same hazel like color as Kat's. Ms. Smith looks at the sub plans that Eun had left for her. I see an expression of shocks rush onto her face as she looks at them.

"So that's what we're doing today,"Ty mumbles, "Eun, you don't know how to stop helping others do you?"

Ms. Smith starts writing the plan for today on the board as Star walks in dragging all of the others behind her. I see two colors of chalk being used on these plans. As Ms. Smith moves out of the way I see the plans. Boys are going to the drama club for the day to help with the others who are working on main building winter activities and the girls are going to the supply room and grabbing the cart and boxes labeled Kim. Star talks to the teacher as the boys all look at each other. Keith looks like he'd rather stay here and Adrien looks scared. Brock, Kaden, and Ty all look exited to help the other people. The teacher signals the boys to go to the drama club and help. Kat and Star walk out with them but then start to go to the supply closet. I stay with the teacher and notice another girl in the room. I've never seen her before. Her hair is blue and her eyes are golden. Her ears are pointed like an elf. She just sits in the corner like she's waiting for something.

Star and Kat return with all the boxes and cart labeled Kim. We all work together to move the table and chairs out of the room so we have enough room for whatever Mis. Kim had planned for us. We examine each box and they all seem to have a label with one of our names.

"Rose, Star, Kat, and -wait who's Samantha?" Kat questions holding up a box labeled Samantha.

"Hello, I'm Samantha,"the strange girl introduces,"nice to meet you three."

"I'm Star, this is Kat, and the short one over there is Rose," Star states, pointing at us.

I grab my box and move it to a corner. Then we open the cart. I see mannikins of varying sizes and shapes. Then we see our names on manikins similar to our bodies. "What does Mis. Kim have planned for us?" I ask. I'm so confused.

"She says that you girls only have until after school today to make your dream dress for the dance because she wants all five of you to go," Ms. Smith explains.

"What do you mean five? There are only four of us," Star questions.

"Hi, Star," a voice speaks softly," I'm Lily, the elf that saved your life at the hospital."

"Lily, is it really you," Star asks turning to see a girl with long orange hair standing behind her.

"We should get started before we run out of time," Samantha speaks and she pulls out a long black dress out of her box.

I look at my box and manikin. I slowly open the box to see a green dress and a bunch of different fabrics and glitters to make this simple dress my dream dress. I don't have a lot of time so it won't be my best work but I'll give it my best shot. This should be something fun to do. I grab the scissors and begin to cut the dress to the right size. I grab white fabric and light green fabric and work on making the skirt look beautiful. As I look for my sewing kit I see Star and Kat just staring at two dresses without an idea on what to do.

"What design are you two going to do?" I ask hoping to help boot their creative minds.

"I don't know, Kat do you have the potions?" Star replies.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I," Kat answers.

Kat hands Star a potion that is as dark as the night sky. Star glares at the dress that stands in front of her and tosses the potion at it. A black cloud covers the dress as Kat throws a red potion at her dress. Both dresses have clouds covering them.

"I can't be the only one who finds it creepy that Mrs. Kim had manikins with our exact measurements," Kat speaks as she stares at the dresses.

"Yeah it's kinda weird. What do you expect from Ty's family?" Star replies.

I turn back around and continue working on my dress. I know what I want it to look like, but I don't know how to get it to look like how I want it to. I grab a piece of paper and design a basic sketch so I truly know how to make this work. I grab the fabric and start working on my dress.