Brock 1

"Come on she's fine. We all know that you just have to believe us," Kaden says calmly.

"You don't know the things he did! He's terrible and he should be dead!" I scream as my eyes start to tear up. I had just gotten my sister back to where I knew she was safe from that monster of a father.

"You're right Brock I don't know and I probably don't want to know but I do know that she's changed a lot since you last saw her," Kaden says," I also know that she is there at his funeral with people that feel the same way about him. Please Brock just calm down and believe that she's doing just fine."

I can't say anything all I can do is think of all the terrible things my father did to Star. How can she go to see him dead or alive. He's a monster that deserves nothing but got everything. He tried to kill a little girl because she was blind in one eye. She was different from all the other kids. The eye is pale blue like that of an angel, so as a demon he took it upon himself to kill her. He was unsuccessful do to my mother and I, but we were unable to be there for her when she really needed us. I'm a terrible brother.

I fall to my knees crying over all the memories. I feel Kaden wrap his arms around me. He's shaking like a puppy. I know he hates to see me worry like this or see me act this way but sometimes I can't help it. I always have someone there and Star, she has no one to tell her everything will be alright.

"Brock trust me she's fine and everything will become better for her," Kaden trembles.

I believe him I really do but I want to be able to protect her and show that people care about her. I've always been this way, I cared when nobody else did.

"She's coming back around 5. That's when I'll be able to be strong and prove I'm a good brother," I say between tears.

Although he's smaller than I am Kaden holds he in his arms. I feel a tear hit my head as he tells me I don't need to prove anything and that everything will be just fine. I hate to cause so much trouble for him or anyone else for that matter. I want everyone to be happy. The last time everyone smiled together was when we get pictures taken a month ago. Sure Kat smiles all the time but I can tell there's more behind that smile. Kaden, well he is studying or helping people so his smile is always meaningful. Ty smiles when he flirts with someone...so all the time. Then there's Rose, she smiles a lot but mostly just nervous smiles or giggles. I'm the one who needs to be strong and smile. I need to show my smile to the group, but more importantly Star needs to smile. When she smiles I know I have fulfilled my duties as her older brother.

We both sit there in the middle of my room in silence. I hate to see Kaden like this. I have to do something to cheer him up, I don't care if I'm not happy he at least has to be happy. I sit up and ruffle his soft blonde hair. I don't know why but that's my go to cheer up move. I never know if it works but he always seems to smile when to do it so that's good. His smile brightens the day. He is as adorable as a bunny. He looks up at me and I see his blue eyes light up. I give him a hug before I stand up and go outside to help me calm down.

The wind whistles and the trees sway. If only I weren't a fire demon then my yard wouldn't look so burnt. My mom uses fire magic and my dad's a demon so Star and I are 50% demon and 50% fire magic users. I can already tell she's going to have a tough time this year.

"Brock the school talent show drawing is coming up soon who do you think will be chosen this year?" My mother asks from inside.

I can't answer because I honestly have no clue. The school talent show is a big deal in fact it's school wide. All people from human classes to magic classes, everyone gathers together and hopes not to be drawn from the hat. I guess mom knows how to get my mind off things.

There's a loud knock on our front door as I step inside. I go a answer it and see Star standing there with a boy who is probably a little taller then Kat. Who in the world is he? I mean Star's back but who is he? I've seen him before but I don't know where I've seen him.

"Brock this is Adrien. He thinks I'm Kat and Kat is me, so call me Kat. I have no time to explain so just do as I say" Star whispers.

"Nice to see you....Kat come on in and who are you? I feel like I know you," I say trying not to make it obvious I already know who he is and that I'm lying.

"I'm Adrien an old friend of Star's. Do you by any chance know where I can Find her?" Adrien asks.

"Nope, no clue," I say nervously as I slam the door shut. Now I know what it's like to be nothing but confused. I have no clue what Star is talking about but that Adrien guy does seem sketchy, so I understand what Kat was thinking. She always knows if a person is good or bad at first glance. Adrien sure has changed but who cares Star's back and she's back early.