Rose 3

{Rose's Talent Show reaction and Talent Show results}

Star's voice may have surprised us but Kat took the show to the next level. Her voice is amazing and definitely helped us notice that this song had a lot of meaning and memories attached to it for them. Keith seemed happy and excited about their performance. The ending seemed a bit odd though. Those two pictures aren't anybody we know or at least no one I knew of. Their performance is definitely a winning performance.

"Okay, students! Place your votes and pass them over to the judges! We will reveal the winners soon!" the principal announces.

I see Adrien walk up to his seat from behind the stage. He quickly places his vote and runs back behind stage. I can see Kat walk on the stage and she seems to be scoping out the crowd angrily. I glance over at Keith and he is making his way toward her. I place a vote for Kat and Star. I spot Brock and Ty talking to Kaden in the sophomore section of the crowd. Those two never listen to simple rules. Time passes by fast and before I knew it the winners were being announced.

"For the judges votes in third place is .....Sarah Jones! Second place goes to..... Star Stello and Kat Gato with their amazing performance! Last but not least first place goes to......Jerold Bolt!" The principal announces,"Now student choice, third place is Kim Springer! Second place goes to.... Jason Jacobs! Then first goes to STAR AND KAT!"

The crowd cheers so loud I believe I've lost all my hearing. They announce winners for each section and Star and Kat win more than I expected and more than I've seen one team win in all my year at this school. When I see them take the stage it looks as if they both have been hurt mentally by something. They don't look happy as they receive their awards. They don't look exited or even shocked, they look sad and torn apart. I can't imagine what got them like this but I see Keith and Adrien waiting for them off stage. I hate seeing my friends like this but these two are in a completely different world from me. They both possess some sort of demonic power even if it doesn't show itself it's there. Their anger and sadness isn't used as normal people use it. They work as power boosters. The bad energy makes them stronger but it also transform so I worried that all the people worrying about them will make them transform. Adrien won't be able to expect Star for her demonic form I just know it. Keith will possibly enjoy seeing Kat's transformation but I can't say it would be good if they transformed right now, so I try to calm down. Before I knew it people were screaming and two big, black wings can be seen sprouting out of the shadows. A purple glow appears backstage as the fear picks up. Star can be seen flying out of the building with Kat, Keith, and Adrien following her.

Brock is being held back by Tyler and Kaden. His eyes are slowly going black. They are struggling to keep him in place. Eventually they set him free and he starts running.

"Okay! Who knows what is happening right now?" the councilor questions.

A man with a raspy voice replies,"My child ran away from school and caused chaos."

"My children both left after a blood curdling scream was heard," another man added.

Could they be-no, our dads are dead there's no way they are and magic student's fathers. It doesn't make sense at all. No one left but Kat, Keith, Adrien, Brock, and Star. This makes no sense. I need to go to the library and try to find some logical explanation for this!

"Ty, Kaden, come with me!" I command as I start running to the library. I hear them follow me. I know Ty is reading someone's mind to discover what is going on. Kaden on the other hand, I don't know what he can do in this situation. We all arrive at the library and I start to instruct them on my plan to gather information on what is going on. I send Kaden to go find the others. I send Ty to the stage to read the two strange men's minds. I search for books on the parent curse. As I read I only find some fable about a young girl. I continue my research and find a story about the same girl but it's in more detail. I decide to read it.

The story goes, a girl tortured and beat to the brink of death by the Devil's top demon will be filled with power and hatred for her father. The girl tortured and beat to the brink of death by their father, the Devil himself, will be filled with fear. The fathers fake their deaths and gain more and more power as they train in Hell. On earth their daughters train to fight in fear of life itself. They don't know a life without pain. One decides to be happy as the other is stuck in a state a fear. They don't know their true strength till one foggy winter night. Their fathers return. The girls proceed to fight their fathers. During the fight they glance in the eyes of these terrifying beings. They realize nothing would make them feel better than to know that they were truly dead. That night they kill their fathers and replace them in Hell. No one knows what happens next.

"Rose! I'm back, the men left. What have you found?" Ty questions.

"The Devil and his worst demon," I mumble,"parents of girls-"

"You're making no sense!" Ty shouts.

"Ty I-I found this story, read it and tell me who it reminds you of," I stutter.

He reads it slowly. I can her him say Star and Kat and his eyes widen. His purple eyes stare at the pages, completely focused on the words. He seemed to understand more about this story than I do. He stats writing things down. I try to see what he's writing but I'm too short to see over him. He looks determined and completely focused on what he is writing. As he hits down his last word he whispers things that I can't understand. I take the paper and look at it. The paper says 'One is happy (Kat) one is stuck in a state of fear (Star), the happy one is daughter of the most trusted demon, the scared one is the daughter of the Devil. The Winter Ball is in 2 months'. I don't 100% understand what he means by this but I think he's on to something.

Winter is coming soon and a lot of unexpected things have been happening to Star and Kat. Maybe their parents are behind this. This story was written 200 years ago when magic was new to the world. The author is in know but this is the only thing that comes up when I searched for the father curse.

"There are many versions of this story one says that all fathers of magic users are being held captive," Ty mutters,"I've read it before."

"This is interesting, I need to conduct more research before we come to a conclusion. For now let's go find Kaden," I say.