Brock 2

"Why does it seem to be when life is finally looking up something bad happens?" I question.

"Because our fathers aren't dead," he replies, "or that's what I believe."

Just the thought of that being true sends shivers down my spine. I mean that will explain somethings that have been happening, but it just can't be true.

"Adrien couldn't cause that much damage to Star without giving up and breaking down," he explains further.

"That is true, but I can't except that. He can't be alive!" I shout.

"I'm here for you, I know he is a terrible guy," he says calmly as he looks up at me.

His blue eyes look like a baby's eyes. He just smiles and hugs me. I pat his soft blonde hair. I can hear him mumble sometimes but I can't understand what he said. He seems worried about something and it's not Star, but I don't know what he's worried about. I run my fingers through his short blonde hair. He's always there for me when I'm worried, but he doesn't seem to know what to do when he's worried. He's a great person and I love him so much. He's a sweet guy and really knows a lot about how to help people.

"Call him," he says, "get the explanation and tell me. We need to know, so we both can stop worrying."

"I will call him, but he is busy right now," I reply.

"I know, I just want to know what happened. This seems to be very unlike her. I don't know her as well as you do, but I know enough to know this situation had to be caused by someone or something very powerful," he explains.

"I understand your worries. This is an unusual situation. I can't seem wrap my head around it," I reply trying to make him feel better.

"It's not that I'm worried, I'm just scared. She's your sister and she means so much to you. I don't want to know what will happen if she dies," he sighs.

I don't know what to do or even say. As I look into his eyes I can see them fill with tears. My heart sinks a little just watching him cry. It hurts to see him like this, and I can't take this. He's scared and worried, I useless in this situation. I pull him close and kiss the top of his head. I let him cry on my shoulder until he I able to go home. He really means the world to me. I hope he knows this. I mean if he didn't then why in the world is he dating me. Gosh, sometimes I can be a complete moron. I start to call Adrien and plan out when we will meet to talk about what will happen.

It couldn't have been him. He would never do this. I remember when we were kids they were as close as could be, and then he moved away. She was so sad, but she also worked on fighting back against our father. I remember her telling me that she fights because she's afraid that one day she would be able to see anyone she loves. I would wipe off the tears from her face and try to comfort her, but I had no clue what she was going through in her mind. He did and he tried to help, he acted as her therapist. He would never hurt her even if he had an altered memory. Her eye holds more power than she thinks. I want to know why this happened and what was going on. I need answers about this event.

As time passes I get ready for my meet up with Adrien. We plan to just go to the park and talk but who knows if he'll even be there. Time seems to be ticking by slower than usual. The wind gets colder and it almost seems as time froze. I can't be going crazy can I? Is there someone with time manipulation somewhere?

"Son, I see Adrien failed so I'm making sure the doctors succeed," a very familiar voice says.

"D-dad!" I call out in fear.

"Yes, Brock what would you like to know?" he asks.

My mind can't process what is happening. My father is dead. How could I hear him.

"Are you going to ask anything?" he questions.

"Y-yeah, I am, why do you want Star to die?" I finally ask after years of wondering.

"Because all mistakes must be taken care of, I have no choice. She is too powerful to live and will most likely kill me when she takes the throne," he explains.

What the hell does he mean? Star was planned according to mom. Take the throne? Is she royalty or something? Would that make me royalty too? I'm so confused. Time picks up back to normal speed. I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I jump up in fear and run back home. I hear them follow me but I don't stop. I'm confused and terrified, I don't know what to do. When I arrive at my house I just stop on the front porch. I feel my body get shaky out of fear as I turn around to see who was following me. It was Adrien but he doesn't seem to be himself. His eyes are all white instead of his normal light grey eye color. His skin looks a bit paler than usual. As I continue to look at him he gradually changes back to normal.

"We were supposed to meet at the park how am I here?" he questions.

"I-I don't know, I don't know anything. I-I think my question for you was answered," I stutter.

"Come with me please, Brock, you have to see this. It's Star and the hospital she's at," he says.

"Okay I'll get my mom's keys so we don't have to walk," I reply as I run inside. Now I know what Kaden was talking about. Now I know what happened to Star. Nothing good will happen if this happens again. I have to keep a closer eye on Adrien. I grab the keys and drive to the hospital with Adrien. Father talked about having the doctors complete the task that Adrien didn't complete. I sent her to the best hospital for people like us so did he do something to it. Thoughts fill my mind as I pull into the parking lot. I quickly sprint out of the car and run to Star's room she looks like she hasn't been helped at all. How have I not seen this before? "Adrien, go to the back and asks them for the best healer they have!" I demand.

"Yes, sir!" he shouts as he runs to the back.

I hate seeing her in pain but now she wasn't in pain she was an the edge of life and death. She is one small gust of wind away from death. My eyes fill with tears. I feel them all rush down my face as I see her breathing take a stop. Adrien runs back into the room with a forest elf. I can't really see her but she says her name is Lily and she can save Star. I move back and let her do her job. I hug Adrien and I cry on his shoulder. He begins to hug back and shake as the room lights up. He's human and now he is being exposed to magic. Lucky it's magic that helps and not one that kills. If he had seen my magic or even Star's he would be terrified.

"She's going to be fine Brock," Lily says.

"How do you know my name?" I ask.

"I'm in your friend's class. I believe her name is Rose," she replies.

I let go of Adrien and hug Lily as a way to show my gratitude. I am so happy to have someone so kind work here. I wipe the tears off my face as I let go of Lily. I look over at Star and she is starting at me with a smile on her face. That smile has not been seen for years. It was beautiful. She really does shine like a star. I'm just glad she alive right now.

"What are you looking at losers," she jokes.

"Nothing," I reply.

"Woah you're beautiful," Adrien says.

"Shut up," she giggles.

She only has a few more days till Fall festival's talent show. I can't wait to see her perform with Kat. Keith and Adrien will be shocked by their voices. For now we wait and hope no bad things happen again. I look at Adrien to see his reaction to Star's smile. He is stunned and is blushing like crazy. He has to be one of the most lovesick guys I know.

"Take me away from this place, please," she says.

"O-okay," Adrien stutters.

He helps Star out of the bed. She isn't in normal hospital attire. She's just in normal clothes. It's almost funny how she refuses to wear anything that isn't her normal cloths. Adrien is definitely unaware of how awkward he is acting as he walks Star to the car. I follow them to the car and drive home. Adrien stays the night and mother kept Star in her room for the night. I guess everything will be okay from now on.