Chapter 19

When I woke up, everything was blurry. I blinked a few times, and the world became clear. I groaned and tried to sit up. However, a pair of arms restrained me from doing so. I looked and saw the doctor.

   "Don't do that," he said. I groaned and looked to my side. Nicole was there with a worried looked her face.

   "Are you okay?" She asked, reaching out to grab my hand. I nodded and reached up to my head.

   "My head hurts," I said softly. The doctor nodded.

   "That's because of the anesthesia," he said. I nodded and closed my eyes. I heard Nicole sigh, and I opened my eyes.

   "What?" I asked weakly. She shook her head and smiled.

   "I'll tell you later. You're still pretty weak," she said sadly. I nodded and closed my eyes, sighing.

   "You can sleep," he doctor said. I nodded and slowly drifted off to sleep.

   Time Skip

   When I woke up, I was in a different room. Again. I groaned and looked around me. It was the same hospital room. I looked to my side and saw Nicole on her phone. I blinked a few times and tried to sit up, but my chest burned. I clutched my chest, yelping. Nicole looked up from her phone, and her eyes widened.

   "Y/N!" She exclaimed, rushing over to me. I smiled at her.

   "Hey," I said weakly. She sighed and sat down at the edge of the bed.

   "Are you alright?" She asked, stroking my hand. I nodded and smiled again, feeling the tiredness in my eyes. I yawned and closed my eyes for a second. I immediately opened them, not wanting to fall asleep again.

   "Nicole... What did you want to tell me?" I asked softly. She froze, looking at me with nervous eyes.

   "Well, you see, um, I don't know how to tell you this, Y/N," she said, letting go of my hand. I looked at her with wide eyes, urging her to continue.

   "What?" I asked, looking up at her. She sighed and reached over to grab my hand.

   "Yuzuru left," she explained. My heart dropped, and I furrowed my brows.

   "What do you mean by 'left'?" I asked, my voice small. Nicole took a deep breath.

   "I mean he left. You know, left," she said. I blinked a few times before rolling my eyes.

   "Wow, that explains everything," I said, scoffing. Nicole shook her head.

   "No, Y/N, I mean he left New York. He went back to Canada," she said. "The Grand Prix is over."

   Everything stopped in that moment.

   "What? He went back? Without saying goodbye?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

   No... I missed my chance... I didn't get to tell him... I thought, a tear falling down my face. I looked up at Nicole again. I sat up, ignoring the pain in my chest.

   "I didn't tell him," I whispered softly. Nicole raised her eyebrow.

   "Tell him what?" She asked, cocking her head. I looked up at her with sad eyes. New tears started to form. I shrugged, not wanting to tell her.

   "It's nothing," I said, tears escaping my eyes and falling down my cheeks. Nicole frowned a bit before sighing.

   "Did you fall for him again?" She asked, smirking a bit. She had a playful tone in her voice, and I didn't like it. I frowned and flicked her forehead.

   "OW!" She said, putting her hand to her forehead. I rolled my eyes and turned away from her, crossing my arms. Nicole scoffed.

   "That's what you get, meanie," I said, still turning away from her. I took a peek at her, and she rolled her eyes, still rubbing her forehead.

   "Well, you didn't have to flick me that hard!" She said, scowling at me. I rolled my eyes in response. Nicole growled a little before sighing.

   "Well, you shouldn't have said that! It's not funny!" I said, crossing my arms. Nicole rolled her eyes. I shook my head, also rolling my eyes. Then, I thought of Yuzuru. It was random, really. He always used to roll his eyes if I said something stupid. I thought about all the memories we made, and tears brimmed my eyes. I sniffled.

   He just left. Without even saying goodbye, I thought. I mentally face palmed myself. Why did I have to fall for him again? Why?

   Nicole sighed as I wiped away my tears. She put her hand on my shoulder, and I looked at her, my tears still running down my cheeks. I frowned a little, still a little mad. Nicole sighed and gave me an 'I'm sorry' look. 

   "Y/N, I'm so sorry," she said, reaching over to rub my back. I smiled at her and wiped my tears away. I nodded and took a deep breath.

   "You know, maybe it's not meant to be. He thinks I like Javier," I said sadly. Nicole nodded and sighed.

   "Some boys are like that. They don't see a girl's feeling for them," she said, shaking her head. I nodded, feeling another wave of tears in my eyes. I sniffled and tried to blink them away. I was determined not to cry again.

   I will be strong. I will be strong. I will...  I thought, but it didn't happen. The tears I held back escaped, staining my cheeks once more. I wiped them away.

   What am I doing? I thought. I should be stronger than this.

   I looked at Nicole, my tears all dried up. (Or that I had no more tears to dry...) I smiled, making a brave face.

   "You know what? I'm going to get over him. Once and for all," I said, confident with my idea. Nicole blinked twice before rolling her eyes. This time, I didn't cry.

   "Like that'll ever happen. You said that last time, and look where we are now," she said, sighing. I bit my lip and looked at her.

   "No, it won't be like last time. This time, I'll get over him. Really get over him," I said, smiling.

1007 words! Kind of yay! I know, the chapters are a little boring right now, and I put a lot of words into a little event, but bear with me, please. It will get more interesting towards the end. (I hope...) Anyways, have a wonderful day!!