Chapter 4

2 years later

   I walked into the rink, gazing at all the medals and trophies the skaters won. I smiled, remembering the first gold medal Yuzuru won when I first worked here. I sat down on the bleachers next to Pooh. I pet his head once and then looked at the skaters. I saw Javier and Yuzuru practicing. My heart melted when I saw Yuzuru. He saw me as he passed, and he stopped to wave at me. I smiled and waved back. He got off the ice and sat down next to me.

   "Hello," I said, not being able to look at him. He laughed and smiled at me.

   "Hello. How are you today?" He asked. I still couldn't look at him.

   "Good," I said, looking at the other skaters. I saw him frown in the corner of my eye. He sighed and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. I blushed, and my heart exploded.

   "What's wrong?" He asked, looking me in the eyes. I tried to look away, but he didn't let me.

   "N-nothing," I stuttered. He frowned again. I felt a bead of sweat form at my tenple.

   Please let me go, please Yuzuru, I thought. He sighed and let go of my chin. I looked down and wiled away the bead of sweat.

   "Fine. Have it your way," he said, and went back to the ice to practice. I frowned and looked at Yuzuru as he practiced. My heart fluttered again. I smiled and sighed.

   Yuzuru, why do you do this to me? I thought. He looked at me, and I smiled at him. He looked hesitant at first, but he then smiled back. He skated off the ice and sat next to me again.

   "Hey, what's wrong? Really," he said. I looked at him and shook my head.

   "I'm just a little tired, that's all," I said. He nodded and smiled. He went back on the ice and practiced a lot. After all, he had another competition in 3 months. He had to train hard. This competition was the Cup of China, and your results lead to the Grand Prix. That's really important to Yuzuru. I watched as he repeated the same jump over and over again, falling each time. Javier went off the ice and sat next to me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

   "He's trying really hard," he said. I raised my eyebrow. He rolled his eyed and nodded towards Yuzuru, who attempted to jump again. I winced when he fell.

   "Yeah, he's trying all right," I said. Javier sighed and looked at me.

   "You changed, you know," he said. I looked at him and frowned.

   "What do you mean?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head.

   "You're not that energetic anymore. Youunot that close with Yuzuru, either," he said. I frowned and thought. He was right. I don't  spend that much time with Yuzuru anymore. I have a reason, though. Every time I see him, I turn into a blushing mess.

   "Yeah," I answered. Javier frowned and looked at me.

   "See! You have changed! You used to say long answers all the time, and now, all you say is 'yeah'," he said, throwing his hands up in frustration. I looked at the ground and nodded.

   "Yeah," I said. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. He got up and went back to the ice. J watched him go. I sighed and looked at Pooh.

   "Y/N," Coach said behind me. I turned around and he went and sat beside me.

    "Yes?" I said. He looked at Javier and back at me.

   "He's right, you know," he said. I looked at him and nodded.

   "I know," I said. He looked at me and sighed.

   "What's wrong?" He asked. I opened my mouth to answer, but nothing came out. I closed it again before opening it again.

   "I-I like someone," I said. Coach looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

   "Really? Is it someone I know?" He asked. I nodded and looked at the rink. Yuzuru jumped again. Fell again. Coach looked at the rink and back at me. He smiled and gave me a pat on the back. He didn't need to say anything. He knew.

   After that day, I became more energetic. Coincidentally, Yuzuru didn't fall on that jump anymore. Weird.

   "Yuzu! Let's go!" I said, snaking my arm through his, and dragging him to the rink. He laughed and let me drag him. I pushed him towards the rink and he turned around to look at me.

   "What?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and pointed to the ice. He had his skates on. He raised his eyebrow and made an 'o' shape with his mouth. I put my hands on my hips and smirked. He smirked back and carried me onto the ice. I screamed and he let me go on the ice.

   "You said you wanted to skate, right?" He said. I shook my head violently.

   "No! Yuzu you have to practice! There's only one more day left until the competition!" I said, holding onto Yuzu's arm so I wouldn't fall. He sighed and pouted.

   "I don't want to!" He said. I groaned and gripped onto Yuzu again.

   "Yuzu! Bring me to the non- ice part!" I practically screamed. He laughed and carried me bridal style. I blushed and he brought me to the safe ground. I smiled and scrambled out of his hands.

   "Come on Y/N! Have some fun!" He said. I rolled my eyes and looked at him. He smiled and I smiled back. Javier passed and he smiled seeing the old Y/N was back. I pointed to the ice and  back to Yuzuru.

   "Fine. If you practice, I'll try to skate. After the competition," I said. He smiled widely and hugged me.

   "Yay!" He said. He went on the ice and started practicing as hard as he could. I smiled and sat on the bleachers, watching him jump and land. I sighed and smiled.

 1005 words! Kind of yay! It's a bit shorter than the other chapters, and it's way more boring. I'm sorry if you fell asleep reading this. Anyways, have a wonderful day!