Chapter 1

Disclaimer: In this story, y/n rolls her eyes a LOT. That's due to my immaturity as a writer and I didn't really know what to put in between to fill up the space. So, please, if you get irritated from her, please just click off the story and refrain from commenting about it because it's fucking annoying. Just go read another fucking story. 🙂

I walked out of Ryerson University and went over to my car.

Finally finished college, I thought. My phone rang and I looked at it to see my friend calling.

"Hey Audrey, what's up?" I said. I heard a giggle on the other line, and I raised my eyebrow.

"Nothing. Anyway, did you finish?" She asked. I smiled and sighed.

"Yup. Now, I just have to find a job, pay off my loans, and live my life," I said. She sighed.

"What about finding your soul mate?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. This girl is obsessed with love.

"I don't know. What about you? How's your love life right now?" I asked her. She sighed again.

"It's going okay, I guess. I mean, I do like someone, but I have zero chances with him," she said. "Anyway, do you want to meet up? I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Sure," I said. "Where do want to meet up?" There was a bit of silence.

"Oh, I know. Let's go to Tim Hortons. I could really use a hot chocolate," she said. I smiled.

"Sure," I said. I got into my car and drove to Tim Hortons. When I got there, Audrey wasn't there yet, so I ordered a drink and sat down at an empty table. A few minutes passed, and she still wasn't here. I sighed and took out my phone.

"Y/N! There you are!" Audrey said as she walked in the door. I raised me eyebrow and she sat down.

"What do you mean 'there you are'?" I asked. She looked at me with a confused face.

"Oh, I thought you were outside, so I was looking for you outside," she said. I smiled and took a sip of my drink.

"Oh," I said. We talked for a little more before I went to my apartment. I opened the door and sat down on the couch.

"Y/N! You're home!" My roommate Nicole said, sitting next to me and smiling. I smiled back and closed my eyes.

"I finished college," I said, opening my eyes and looking at her. Her eyes widened and she hugged me.

"That's awesome! Did you do your graduation ceremony yet?" She asked. I nodded.

"Now I have to find a job. Can you help me?" I asked. She nodded and got out her laptop.

"Let's get searching!" She said excitingly. She looked on the internet and looked up nursing jobs.

"Did you find anything?" I asked. She bit her lip.

"Well, there are a lot of jobs, but they're all outside of Toronto," she said. My heart dropped. "But, there is one. It's at the skating rink." I looked at her computer and looked at the nursing job. It had a really good pay, especially for a first job.

"Thank you!" I said, hugging Nicole tightly. She hugged me back and smiled.

"Of course!" She said. I went back outside to my car. I got in and drove to the rink. When I got there, I saw a lot of skaters, well, skating. A lot were jumping, spinning, and falling.

That's why they need a nurse, I thought. I walked over to the office and knocked on the door.

"Come in," a voice said. I walked in and saw a woman at the desk. She looked up from her computer and smiled.

"Hello, I'm here to apply for a job," I said. She looked at her computer again.

"Which job?" She asked.

"The nurse," I said. She made an 'o' shape with her mouth and smiled again.

"Yay! We've been looking for a nurse for a long time!" She said happily. I smiled and she gave me the application for the job.

"When do I come back?" I asked. She looked at her computer and then back at me.

"Fill that out, give it to me today, and come back tomorrow," she said. I smiled and thanked her. On the way out, I bumped into someone. I looked at the person and apologized.

"I am so sorry," I said. The man chuckled.

"It's fine. What are you doing here?" He asked. I showed him the paper.

"I'm applying for a job. The nurse," I said. He nodded and smiled at me.

"That's good. By the way, my name is Brian Orser, the coach," he said. My eyes widened and I turned red.

"Um, my name is Y/N L/N," I said. He such his hand out and I shook it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Y/N. I hope you get the job," he said. I smiled and walked towards the rink. The skaters were so graceful. One of them jumped, but unfortunately, he fell. I winced, but he got back up. I walked to my car and drove back to my apartment.

"Nicole!" I said as I came in. She came out from the kitchen and smiled.

"Did you get it?" She asked. I laughed.

"I don't know. The lady gave me the application and told me to go back tomorrow," I said. She nodded.

"So, did you fill it out yet?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Not yet," I said. She took the paper from my hand and looked at it.

"Well, you have all the characteristics for this job. I don't," she said. I took the paper back from her and looked at it. It wasn't very difficult. I smiled and went over to the table.

"Do you have a pen?" I asked her. She nodded and took out a pen from her pocket. I raised my eyebrow and she gave it to me. I took it and started to fill the application out.

Time Skip brought by Pooh San

"And done!" I exclaimed. I put the pen down and smiled. Nicole came over and looked at the application. She nodded.

"Yup, you're done," she said. I took it back from her and went back to the door.

"Bye," I said. She frowned a little.

"Where are you going?" She asked. I looked at her.

"To the rink. She told me to take this back to her," I said. She smiled.

"Can I come too?" She asked. I nodded, and she smiled happily. We walked to my car and got in. We drove to the rink, which really wasn't far away. We go there, and Nicole was in awe at the skaters. I looked at them, and one skater caught my eye. He had dark hair, dark eyes, and was wearing black. I cooked my head. He looked at me and I looked away.

"Come on," I said, dragging Nicole's arm with me. She pouted, but she allowed me to drag her. We got to the office, and I knocked.

"Come in," she said. I walked in and she smiled at me. I smiled back and gave her my application. She gladly took it from me and skimmed through it.

"Did anyone else apply?" I asked. She shook her head. After she read it, she smiled.

"Oh, this is perfect! Thank you!" She said. I walked out and motioned Nicole to come with me. We got into the car and drove home. When we got there, I automatically went to me room, did my night routine, and went to sleep.

It's going to be a really good day tomorrow, I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

1228 words! Yay! This isn't my first story, but my actual first story is gone. Meaning I unpublished it. Yeah, I didn't like it that much, so yeah... Anyway, sorry for the long and really boring chappie, but it will probably get more exciting as it goes. Have a wonderful day!