Chapter 10

I sighed and walked into the rink.

   I have to tell him, I thought. I walked in, and Yuzuru came up to me.

   "Hi!" He said, waving at me. I smiled weakly.

   "Hello," I said softly. He frowned.

   "What's wrong?" He asked. I opened my mouth to say that I got a promotion, but nothing came out.

   Not right now. It's going to make him feel bad. At the end of the day, I thought.

   "Um, I'm just feeling a little dizzy. I didn't sleep well last night," I lied. His frown disappeared and a concern look on his face replaced it.

   "Really? Oh, I'm so sorry! Do you need anything? Medicine? Water?" He said, concern filling his voice. I quickly shook my head.

   "No, I'm fine. This happens to me all the time. Thank you, though," I said, smiling. He smiled and looped his arm through mine.

   "Okay then. Let's go!" He said, dragging me towards the rink. He forced me to sit down on the bench, and he went towards the office. I cocked my head. He came back with a pair of skates. My eyes widened, and I stood up, backing away from him.

   "No, Yuzu," I said. He smirked.

   "Nope, you said you would try to skate after the competition. Did you forget about that?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I mentally face palmed. 

   "Oh, right..." I said, my voice trailing off as I looked at the ice. He guided me towards the bench. I sat down, and he proceeded to take off my shoes. My eyes widened, and I hurriedly put my feet on the bench.

   "What?" He asked. I frowned at him.

   "I can do it myself," I said, taking the skated from his hand. I took my shoes off and put on the skates. I stood up, but lost my balance. Luckily, Yuzuru caught me.

   "Are you okay?" He asked. I looked at him and blushed. I nodded and scrambled away, and due to that, I almost fell. This time, though, I caught myself on the bench.

   "Thanks," I mumbled. He cocked his head.

   "Be careful!" He said. "I don't want you to get hurt." I looked ta him and blushed. He smiled and held out his hand. I took it, and he managed to help me up without me falling. I smiled at him. He smiled back.

   "Is it hard to skate?" I asked him. He chuckled.

   "Well, now it isn't, but it used to be," he said. He held onto my head and guided me towards the ice. Miraculously, I didn't fall. He smiled and helped me onto the ice. My eyes widened as I stepped on and almost fell. 

    "Oh, it is hard," I said laughing. He smiled and helped me regain my balance. He guided me towards the center, and I almost died.

   "Oh, come on. It's mot that hard," he said, letting go of my hand and skating around me. I frowned, and he chuckled.

   "Well, you've probably been skating for years!" I said. He smiled and nodded.

   "You have a point," he said. I laughed. My smile disappeared when I thought about the promotion. Yuzuru stopped and looked at me.

   "Are you okay?" He asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at him.

   "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I said. He frowned and leaned in close to my face. I tried to back up, but I was on the ice, so I slipped. He grabbed my hand and didn't let me slip.

   "You're lying," he said. I raised my eyebrow.

   "No, I'm not," I said frowning, so it would look more convincing. He leaned in closer to my face.

   "Really?" He asked, squinting a little. I swallowed hard and nodded. I laughed nervously.

   "Yeah," I said, looking anywhere but him. He sighed and let go of me. I stumbled a bit, but regained my balance quickly. I looked at him, and he looked sad.

   "Are you really okay?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I blushed and nodded, looking at the floor.

   "Yes," I said, tears forming in my eyes. He frowned and grabbed my chin, forcing me to face him.

   "Are you sure?" He asked. A tear escaped from my eye. He gently wiped it away and caressed my face. I looked at him and gently shook my head. He frowned and hugged me.

   "What's wrong?" He asked. A sob escaped me. He held me tighter.

   "I-I got a promotion," I said, my voice cracking. He let go of me and smiled.

   "Really? That's great!" He exclaimed. I shook my head.

   "No it's not," I said. He frowned and wiped away another tear from my face.

   "Why not?" He asked. I forced myself to look at him.

   "Because- because the job is in New York," I said. He frowned, and he let his arm fall to his side.

   "Oh, really? That's pretty far from here," he said, tears forming in his eyes. I frowned and tried to step closer to him.

   "Yuzu..." I said. He looked at me and smiled sadly. I frowned.

   "Are you going to say yes?" He asked. I looked at the ground and nodded slowly. In the corner of my eye, I saw him nod. I looked at him, tears streaming down my face. 

   "I'm so sorry," I said, sobbing. He smiled sadly, and tears started to trickle down his face. I wiped them away and looked at him.

   "It's okay. It's not your fault you're so talented," he said. I frowned and hugged him. He hugged me back. He let go and looked into my eyes. He grabbed my hand and guided me to the non ice part of the rink. I stepped off, and he guided me to the bench, still holding my hand. I took off my skates and put on my shoes. He did the same. He took the skates and put them on the bench. I cocked my head when he dragged me towards the door. We went outside and walked towards his car.

   "Where are we going?" I asked. He didn't answer. He opened the car door and gently pushed me in. He got in the drivers seat and proceeded to hold my hand.

   "Where are we going?" I asked again. Again, there was no answer. He drove out of the parking lot and to the park. He opened the door for me, and I got out. He went over and grabbed my hand again. We walked for a bit, his hand still in mine. Then, he started drawing circles on my hand. We got to the gazebo, and we stopped. Yuzuru turned to me.

   "Y/N, thank you so much," he said. I frowned.

   "For what?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

   "For everything. You're always there for me, and I never really show any appreciation. So, I thank you," he said, bowing at a 90 degree angle. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He went over to me and hugged me. 

   "Thank you," I whispered. He hugged me tighter, and a tear trickled down my face and onto his jacket.

   "Please, don't forget me," he said. Another tear. 

   "Never," I whispered. He pulled away, and I looked into his eyes. He leaned in and kissed my forehead gently.

   "Promise?" He said. I smiled.

   "Promise," I answered. He smiled and hugged me again. This time, it was like he didn't want to let me go. I smiled and hugged him back.

   I love you, I thought.

1258 words! Yay!  Thank you so, so, so, so much for 1k reads! I am so sorry I didn't get to update recently. I've been really busy with school and with band. Have a wonderful day!