Chapter 11

I went home, tears still brimming my eyes. I sighed, wiped away my tears, and opened the door. I was greeted by Nicole.

   "Hello!" She said happily. I smiled back weakly. She frowned when she saw my tear stained cheeks.

   "Hey..." I said sadly. She frowned and stepped closer to me.

   "Y/N, what's wrong?" She asked. I looked at her, and a tear fell down my face. I smiled and quickly wiped it away.

   "Nothing," I said. She shook her head and dragged me in the apartment. She sat me down on the couch.

   "What happened?" She said. I shook my head. I sighed and began to tell her the story.

   "Well, I told him," I said. She frowned.

   "About the job?" She asked. I nodded. Nicole softened a bit and hugged me. I hugged her back and cried.

   "I don't want to leave him," I said. Nicole let go of me and smiled a little.

   "Then don't. It's as simple as that," she said softly. I shook my head.

   "It's not that simple. I don't want to leave, but the job is a really good opportunity. I can't just give it up," I said. She frowned and tapped her chin.

   "You're right," she said. I sighed and nodded. I sucked in air between my teeth.

   "I'm going to leave," I said, looking at Nicole. She frowned.

   "Really?" She asked. I nodded. She nodded and bit the inside of her cheek. 

   "Can I come with you? It'll be really lonely here," she said. I nodded.

   "Sure. I'll just call the hospital and asked when we depart," I asked. She nodded, and I stood up and walked to the phone. My hand shook as I reached to grab the phone. I took a deep breath and dialed the number. I closed my eyes and put the phone up to my ear.

   "Hello?" The woman on the other line said. I took a deep breath and tried to make my voice not shake.

   "Hello? This is the Calvary Hospital?" I asked. 

   "Yes. How may I help you?" She asked. I started breathing heavily.

   "Well, um, I was promoted to be a nurse there, and I wanted to say that I accept," I said, tears forming in my eyes. The woman hummed in response.

   "Your name, please," she said. 

   "Y/N L/N," I said. 

   "Date of birth," she said.

   "Um, y/b/d," I said. 

   "Okay then. I congratulate you in advance. Your flight will be tomorrow at 4 o' clock, along with your tickets. Thank you," she said. She hung up, and I looked at Nicole. Her eyes had curiosity in them.

   "So? When do we leave?" She asked. I looked at the ground.

   "Tomorrow" I said. She smiled, but it quickly disappeared.

   "Tomorrow? That fast?" She asked softly. I nodded. She sighed, and I looked around the room.

   "Well," I said, "we better start packing." She nodded and went to her room. I went to mine. I got a box and put it down in front of me. I looked at all the pictures on my desk. They were mostly me and my family. A tear fell down my face when I realized that where I lived for 18 years, I would have to leave. Yes, I am 18. I skipped a few grades when I was little. Another tear fell down my face, so I quickly wiped it away. I looked down at my box and carefully put all the pictures in.

   "Y/N," Nicole said. I looked behind me and saw Nicole in the doorway. She was crying, too. She walked to where I was sitting and hugged me. I hugged her back.

   "I don't want to go," she said. I hugged her tighter.

   "I don't want to, either," I said, my voice cracking. She hugged me tighter, and I could feel my shirt getting wet from her tears. I let go and smiled sadly at her. She wiped away her tears and smiled back.

   "Hey," I said. "Think of it as going on a vacation." She smiled and nodded. She stood up and took a deep breath. I smiled, and she walked out of my room. 

   After I was done packing, I decided to go the rink. I sighed and went inside the rink. I went in, and saw Yuzuru practicing. I looked to the bench and saw Javier with crutches. I frowned and sat down next to him.

   "Hey," I said to him. He looked at me and smiled.

   "Hey," he said. I smiled and looked at his ankle.

   "Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked at his ankle then back at me. He nodded.

   "Yeah, thanks for helping me," he said. I nodded.

   "Anytime," I said, looking back at Yuzuru. He looked pretty... down, I guess. I sighed and looked back at Javier.

   "So," he said, "you're moving?" I nodded.

   "Yeah. I got a promotion," I said. He nodded  and bit the inside of his cheek.

   "When are you leaving?" He asked. I sighed.

   "Tomorrow," I said softly. His eyes widened.

   "Tomorrow?! Wait, so you're leaving tomorrow?!" He kind of yelled. I winced when he yelled. I nodded, and a tear trickled down my face. I looked at Yuzuru. He was looking at me. I stood up, and he skated towards me. He stopped in front of me, and I could see tears running down his face.

   "You're leaving tomorrow?" He asked. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. He shook his head and kneeled down, grabbing onto my hands.

   "Yuzu..." I said, trying to pull him up. He shook his head again and squeezed my hands.

   "No. No, no, no. Y/N, you can't leave tomorrow! Please! Y/N..." He said, looking down and crying.

   "Yuzu," I said, bending down and looking at him. He looked up at me, and I was heartbroken.

   "Please. Y/N," he said. I frowned and started to cry as well. Yuzuru wiped away my tears and connected his forehead to mine.

   "Yuzu, I'm so sorry. I- I already said yes. You said I could," I said, even more tears streaming down my face and onto the floor. His tears fell onto the ice. He cried even harder.

   "P- please," he said, his voice shaking so hard, I could barely understand him. I put hy hands up to his face and wiped away his tears.

   "Yuz-"

   "Y/N! Please! I- I want you to stay," he sobbed. I frowned and let go of his face.

   "So you don't want me to take the promotion?" I asked. He shook his head.

   "No, please stay," he said. I shook my head.

   "This is a really big opportunity for me. I'm so sorry," I said, standing up and backing away a little. He stood up and shook his head. I frowned and turned around, heading for the door.

   "Y/N!" Yuzuru said. I turned around and looked at him.

   "Yes?" I asked. He looked at the floor.

   "Can I drop you off at the airport?" He asked. I nodded and he looked up at me.

   "Sure," I said softly. He took off his skates and ran up to me. He hugged me, and I hugged him back.

   "Thank you," he said. I smiled.

   "You're welcome," I whispered.

1207 words! Yay! I am very sorry for this really bad chappie. I kind of had a little writer's block in this chappie. Anyway, the next one will be better. Have a wonderful day!