Chapter 5

I woke up and smiled. Today was Yuzuru's competition! I got up and changed into my uniform. Yes, now I have a uniform. I smiled and went out to my car. I drove to the rink and saw Yuzuru and Javier practicing when I got in. I melted when I saw Yuzuru. They got off the ice and walked towards me.

   "Hello," I said. They both smiled and waved back. I looked at my watch and motioned them that it was time to go. After the almost incident 2 years ago, I wanted to be early. They took off their skates and grabbed their bags.

   "You can sit in the front, Yuzuru," Javier said. Yuzuru raised his eyebrow and sat in the front seat. I got in next to him and Javier was in the back. I drove to the airport and saw a lot of girls there. Yuzuru smiled at them, and the girls all screamed.

   "Wow. There are a lot more girls than last year," I said, nudging Yuzuru a little. He blushed and smiled. Javier came up to me and put an arm around my shoulders.

   "They're nothing compared to Y/N, right?" Javier said, looking at Yuzuru. Yuzuru looked at me, and I looked away.

   "Stop it, Javier. You're embarrassing me and Yuzu," I said, frowning at Javier. He rolled his eyes and leaned in close to my ear.

   "I know you like him. I'm just trying to help," he whispered into my ear. My eyes widened and I looked at him, shocked.

   "How do you know?" I asked him. He shrugged.

   "It's pretty obvious," he said, and looked at Yuzuru. He was frowning a little. I raised my eyebrow at Yuzuru, and he looked at me, still frowning. We got to the gate with a lot of people following us. A little girl came up to us and I smiled at her.

   "Are you Yuzuru Hanyu?" The little girl asked. Yuzuru nodded and smiled at her.

   "Yup! That's me!" He said. The little girl beamed at him.

   "Can I have an autograph?" She asked, holding out a piece of paper and a pen. Yuzuru took it.

   "Of course! What's your name?" He asked. The little girl giggled.

   "Mary. I want to be a skater like you someday! You're so awesome!" She said. I melted, and a few parents around us 'awed'. Yuzuru gave the paper and pen back to her, and she went running back to her mom. Javier took his arm off my shoulder, and I smiled.

   "Well finally! Your arm is way too heavy," I said. He laughed and let me on the head. I looked at Yuzuru, and he was frowning. I frowned.

   "Are you okay?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded.

   "I'm fine," he said. I put my hand on his shoulder.

   "You don't look fine," I said. He sighed and looked at me.

   "Well, I am," he said. I looked at Javier, and he was smirking. I frowned at him. He leaned in close to my ear.

   "He's just jealous," he said. I raised my eyebrow and looked at Yuzuru. He was still frowning. I sighed and pouted.

   "I'm sorry," I said. He looked at me and raised his eyebrow. 

   "For what? You didn't do anything," he said. I sighed and pouted again. He looked at me, and his eyes softened.

   "I'm sorry," he said. I ignored him. He pouted. "I'm sorry." I still ignored him. He frowned and pouted again. Then, he hugged me.

   "Hey!" I said. He let go of me and looked me in the eyes.

   "I'm sorry," he said again. I looked away due to my face heating up. I looked at Javier. He was smiling.

   "It's fine," I said to Yuzuru. He smiled and ruffled my hair.

   "Yay!" He said. I rolled my eyes and ruffled his hair.

   "Flight D7 now boarding. Toronto to Shanghai," the announcer said. We got up and headed towards the door. We went in the plane and to our seats. I was in the aisle seat. I sighed and sat down. A boy a row across from me winked and smirked at me. I blushed and looked at Yuzuru. He was frowning again.

   "Let's switch seats," he said. I raised me eyebrow.

   "Why?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes.

   "Because," He said. I opened my mouth to protest, but he stood up and yanked me out of my seat. He put me down on his seat so I was in the middle. He sat down in my seat and put on his seatbelt. I put on mine and looked at him.

   "Why'd you do that?" I asked him. He didn't answer. I shook my head and went to sleep.

   When the plane landed, I woke up, realizing me head was on Yuzuru's shoulder. I took my head off, and he looked at me.

   "I'm sorry," I said. He laughed.

   "Don't be. I put your head there. You looked uncomfortable," he said. I blushed and smiled at him.

   "Thank you," I said. He smiled again. When it was time to get off the plane, Yuzuru gave me my bag and we walked out. Coach was already at the door. He went up to us and smiled.

   "Hello. Put your stuff in the white van, and I'll be there shortly," he said. We went up to the van in put our stuff in the back. Javier sat in the front, leaving me and Yuzuru sitting in the back.

   "Are you nervous?" I asked Yuzuru. He looked at me and shook his head.

   "No," he said. I nodded and sighed.

   "Well then, good luck," I said. He smiled and put his head on my shoulder. I blushed and froze.

   "Is it okay if I do this? I couldn't sleep on the plane," he said. I gulped and nodded.

   "S-sure," I said. He smiled and closed his eyes. I was frozen the whole way there. When we got there, I woke Yuzuru up.

   "Yuzu, we're here," I said, gently shaking him. He woke up and smiled at me. He took his head off my shoulder and we got out of the car. We walked in, and I gasped. The skaters were all so graceful. Yuzuru smiled and put on his skates. After he practiced, it would be the free skate. He turned around to prepare for the jump, and he collided with another skater. I gasped, followed by a lot of gasps.

   "Yuzu!" I said, and rushed onto the ice. Miraculously, I didn't slip. I got to him and saw the blood on his face. He opened his eyes and saw me.

   "Y/N," He said weakly. I nodded and he reached up to touch my face.

   "Yes?" I asked. I was about to ask where it hurt, but he interrupted me.

   "Were you always this pretty?" He asked.

1146 words! Yay! Thank you so much if you're reading this. I really enjoy writing this story, so I don't plan on giving up. Have a wonderful day!