Chapter 6

I sighed and fixed Yuzuru's bandage. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back weakly.

   "You should've been more careful," I said to him, adjusting his bandage once again. He smiled sadly and nodded.

   "Yeah, I should've," he said. I frowned and sighed. Then, I remembered what happened earlier.

Flashback 

   "Were you always this pretty?" He asked. I sighed.

   "You must've hit your head too hard," I mumbled. He groaned and clutched his head. I stood up and held out my hand to him.  He took it and stood up. All the people cheered when he got up. He skated in front of me, and I wobbled slowly back to the door. Yuzuru turned around and saw me wobbling. He skated towards me and took my hand. I blushed, and he guided me back to the gate.

   "Yuzuru! Are you okay?" Coach asked. Yuzuru nodded and helped me off the ice.

   "Hey, I'm supposed to help you, not the other way around!" I said, making him sit down on a bench while I did my job.

   "Well, I'm always going to help you if you need it," he said, looking at me while I wrapped his head in the bandage. I smiled and nodded.

   "Okay," I said. He smiled and nodded.

   "Always," he said softly.

End of flashback 

   I finished his bandages and smiled. He smiled back and gently touched his head. I frowned as he winced and put his hand back down.

   "Are you still going to compete?" I asked him. He nodded.

   "Of course! Why wouldn't I?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

   "Because you're hurt?" I said. He rolled his eyes and laughed.

   "And? I've been practicing for a long time now, and I'm not just going to give up," he said. I smiled at his determination. 

   "Okay then," I said. "Just be careful." He nodded and hugged me.

   "Thank you," he said. I smiled and hugged him back.

   "No problem. It's what I do," I said.

   "Next up, Yuzuru Hanyu, Japan," the announcer said. Yuzuru took a deep breath and looked at me. I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. He smiled and turned to the ice. He got on and went into his position. The music started, and on a few of his jumps, he fell. I winced every time. When he finished, he went back to me. He was second.

   "It's okay," I said, rubbing his back. He looked at me and smiled sadly. At the end, he was second. Meaning he won silver. I smiled and looked at him. He was smiling, but it was forced. He looked at me and smiled.

   "I think I'm going to skip the medal ceremony. My head hurts a little," he said. I nodded and we went to the car with Coach and Javier.

   "Good job," Javier said. Yuzuru smiled and thanked him. Coach smiled.

   "Hey, it's fine. You got hurt. Just win gold next time," Coach said. I laughed and looked at Yuzuru. He was smiling. This time, a real one. Then, he gave a salute to Coach.

   "Yes, sir!" He said. I laughed and leaned back on the seat.

   "Today was a very stressful day," I said, closing my eyes. Yuzuru scoffed.

   "You think your day was stressful? What about mine? I got hurt!" He said playfully. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He looked at me and smiled. I melted. 

   "Well, I had to patch you up! That takes a lot of concentration!" I said. He laughed and I smiled. Javier looked back at us and rolled his eyes.

   "Look you lovebirds, I really need some peace and quiet, okay?" He asked. I smiled remembering the same incident that happened 2 years ago. Instead of yelling like I did before, I simply nodded and closed my eyes.

   "Y/N! I'm bored!" Yuzuru said. I opened my eyes and looked at him. 

   "Um, I don't really know what to do," I said. He pouted and leaned back into the seat. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Javier looked back at me and smiled. I smiled back.

   "What?" I asked him. His smile turned into a smirk.

   "It's cute when you two lovebirds argue," he said. My smile faded, and I hit his arm.

   "Hey! We are not lovebirds!" I said. Yuzuru looked at me and smirked.

   "We could be," he said. I hit him, too. Coach chuckled at us and sighed. When we got to the airport, again, a lot of people were there. Also again, they were mostly girls screaming Yuzuru's name. I sighed, and we made our way towards the gate. I sat down and pulled out my phone. Yuzuru leaned over and looked at me phone.

   "Hey! This is private!" I said, pointing to my phone. He rolled his eyes and looked away. I put in the passcode and saw my home screen. It was a picture of Yuzuru.

   "That's me!" Yuzuru said. I looked at him, and he was leaning over to look at my phone again. I rolled my eyes and looked back at my phone.

   "Yeah, I mean, you are my favorite skater," I said. Javier looked at me and frowned.

   "I thought I was your favorite!" He said. I laughed and shrugged. He rolled his eyes. He knew why I had a picture. He knew. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. I couldn't. I opened my eyes and looked at Yuzuru. He looked so sad. I raised my eyebrow.

   "Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked at me and shrugged. I frowned.

   "I don't know. It's just that I didn't get to win a gold medal for you," he said sadly. I frowned and looked at him.

   "Yuzu, you don't need to win that medal for me, you have to win it for yourself," I said. He nodded and looked at me.

   "Thanks," he said. I cocked my head.

   "For what?" I asked him. He smiled.

   "For everything. You've always been there for me, and I really appreciate that. Thank you for being my friend," he said. Ouch. Friend zoned. I smiled and looked at him.

   "Your welcome. Thanks for being my friend, too," I said. He smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back.

   Oh well. At least I'm something to him, I thought.

1052 words! Kind of yay! Sorry I didn't get to update sooner, I was camping with my family. Anyway, updates are going to be a little slow due to school, but I'll try to make it work. Have a wonderful day!