Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning and sat up in my bed. I looked over at the clock,and it said 9:36. I sighed.

   Three hours left, I thought. I got out of bed and did my morning routine. Then, I headed to the kitchen, Nicole already being there. I looked at her in curiosity. She was patting the tables with tears in her eyes. I raised my eyebrow.

   "What are you doing?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled sadly.

   "I will never get to make sandwiches on this table anymore," she said softly. I sighed and went over to pat her back. She smiled at me in response.

   "C'mon, we have to get our stuff. Yuzu's coming in a few minutes," I said, heading back to my room to get my stuff. I heard her sigh. I shook my head and continued to get my stuff. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. I sighed and went over to open it. I opened it, and yup, it was Yuzuru. I smiled sadly and let him in.

   "Hey," he said. I smiled.

   "Hey," I said. He looked around my apartment, his eyes stopping on my one suitcase.

   "Is that all?" He asked. I looked at him and shook my head. I pointed to a box on my couch, and he nodded. He went over to pick up my box, and I went to get my luggage. Nicole appeared and took her stuff to the car. I looked at the apartment one more time before shaking my head and heading into the car. I sat down in the passengers seat, and Yuzuru drove to the airport. We were silent during the ride. Yuzuru took my hand and held it tightly. I heard Nicole giggle behind me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. When we got to the airport, I immediately saw Javier. I got out of the car and hugged him.

   "Hey, kitten," he said. I let go of him and cocked my head.

   "Kitten? Since when did you call me that?" I asked, looking at him. He chuckled.

   "Since now," he said. Then, his smile disappeared. "It might be the last, too." I rolled my eyes.

   "Stop! You're acting like I'm about to die or something," I said, hitting him playfully. He dramatically rubbed his arm, and I laughed, forgetting that I had to leave. I looked back at Yuzuru, and he was frowning. My smile disappeared, and I went over to him.

   "Are you okay?" I asked. He stopped glaring and looked at me. he nodded and smiled a little. I smiled back and went to grab my stuff. I got my stuff, followed by Nicole. I sighed, and tears formed in my eyes. I looked at Yuzuru and put my stuff down on the ground. I went up to him and hugged him. He hugged me back.

   "I'll miss you," I whispered. He hugged me tighter.

   "And I'll miss you. So, so, so, so much," he said. I hugged him tighter as a tear rolled down my face.

   Tell him, I thought. I opened my mouth to speak, but I was interrupted.

   "Thank you for being my friend," he said. My heart plummeted towards the floor. A wave of tears came out, and I smiled sadly.

   "You're welcome," I choked. He let go of me, and I saw tears going down his face. 

   C'mon, Y/N, you can say it, I thought. SAY IT!!!

   "Y/N?" Yuzuru said.

   "Yeah?" I asked. I looked at him, and he was red. I frowned.

   "Um, I have something to tell you," he said. I blinked and motioned him to go on. He took a deep breath.

   "Yeah?" I said. 

   "I, um, l- like, um," he said. I rolled my eyes.

   "You can say it," I said. He blushed and proceeded to start over.

   "Okay. I li-"

   "Y/N! Yuzuru! C'mon!" Javier said, looking at his watch. I frowned and looked at mine. 11:35? What?

   "What? How is it 11:35? It was 9:00 a few minutes ago!" I said, gathering my stuff and heading into the airport. Nicole motioned me to go faster as we went to the entrance to the gate. I slowed down when we got there, and I looked at Yuzuru. He went up to me and hugged me. Due to my stuff, I couldn't hug him back.

   "Well, this is goodbye," he said, letting me go. Tears started streaming down my face. He smiled sadly and wiped them away.

   "I will never ever forget you," I said. He nodded and started to cry.

   "I never thought this would happen," he said. I nodded in agreement.

   "Me either," I said, looking down. Javier went up to me and hugged me.

   "Bye, kitten. I'll miss you," he said, smiling sadly. I nodded and smiled back.

   "I'll miss you, too. Both of you," I said. I looked at my watch. 11:43.

   "Don't forget us," Yuzuru said. I smiled at him.

   "I will never forget you," I repeated. "Oh, and tell Laura I said bye." Javier nodded.

   "Y/N," Nicole said softly. I nodded at her and turned around, heading towards the scanner. I put my stuff on the scanner and looked back at Yuzuru one more time. I smiled at him and waved. He waved back. I stepped into the scanner and wiped away my tears. I went through and got my stuff. I looked back at Javier and waved. He also waved back. I took a deep breath and put my boxes in the luggage area. I took a deep breath and looked at them one more time. They were still there. Nicole tugged on my arm, and I nodded. We headed to the gate and sat down at the chairs.

   "I never got to tell him," I said to Nicole. She looked at me and raised her eyebrow.

   "Tell who what?" She asked. I sighed and looked at her.

   "One word: Yuzuru," I said. She frowned. Then she gasped.

   "You didn't tell him-"

   "Shhhhh!" I said. She lowered her voice down to a whisper.

   "You didn't tell him that you liked him?" She whispered very softly. I nodded.

   "I didn't tell him. I was going to..." I said, my voice trailing off. She face palmed.

   "Y/N! That might've been the last time you saw him!" She said. After she said that, tears formed in my eyes. She was right. That might've been the last time I saw him. Nicole's eyes widened as she tried to comfort me. My tears disappeared as the announcements came on.

   "Flight B13, Toronto to New York, now boarding." I sighed as I walked towards the door with my suitcase, Nicole following me. I handed the lady my boarding pass, and I went to find my seat. I sat down, and Nicole sat down beside me. I smiled at her. She smiled back. I closed my eyes as the plane started to take off.

   Bye, Toronto. Bye, Javier. Bye, Yuzuru, I thought.

1166 words! Yay! I am so sorry I didn't get to update much. I have a lot of tests, and the STAAR test is next week. On top of that, we have to do solos in band. Anyways, have a wonderful day!