Chapter 13

5 years later

   I sighed and looked out my bedroom window. I smiled as I saw the little flurries of snow falling. I smiled wider and went downstairs to the kitchen.

   "Nicole!" I exclaimed. "It's snowing!" Nicole laughed and looked outside. She smiled and looked back at me. I grinned and opened the door. The cold breeze hit my face as I put on my shoes and stepped outside. I put my hand out and laughed. Nicole came out and stood next to me.

   "You know what winter means, right?" She said. I raised my eyebrow.

   "No?" I said. She sighed.

   "Ice skating! The Grand Prix! Yuzuru!" She said, waving her hands around. 

   "Oh," I said plainly. Nicole's eyes widened. 

   "'Oh'? All you say is 'oh'? Seriously? They're going to hold it here, you know!" She said rather loudly. I nodded and looked back at the snow.

   "Okay," I said softly. Nicole shook her head.

   "What's wrong?" She asked, rubbing my back. I sighed. 

   "Well, It's just that I don't really know if I still like, or I mean love Yuzuru anymore," I said, frowning a little. Nicole frowned and put her arm down.

   "Why?" She asked. I just shrugged. I sighed and stepped into the snow. I smiled and took a deep breath, my breath making smoke in the cold air. I bent down and touched the cold flurry. I smiled as I remembered the ice in the rink.

   Those were good times, I thought. I looked back at Nicole and smiled. She smiled back.

   "I have to get ready for work," I said. She nodded.

   "Okay," she said. I went back inside and went to my bedroom. I opened my closet and got my uniform. I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine. After I did, I looked in the mirror and frowned.

   Wow, I thought. A person can really change in 5 years. I sighed and put my hair in a high ponytail. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs, grabbing my jacket as I did so. I waved to Nicole and smiled.

   "Bye!" I said, and headed to my car. I got in and turned the car on. Due to the cold weather, it was a bit slow. I sighed and waited for my car to head up. Then I looked at my watch. 8:47. I shrugged. Still some time. As soon as the car was ready, I drove out of my neighborhood and to the hospital. I sighed as I walked in.

   "Hey, Y/N," Jasmine, another nurse said. I smiled.

   "Hello, Jasmine. So, hoe many patients do we have today?" I asked. She looked at her clipboard.

   "Um, we have 14 in the ICU," she said, looking up from her clipboard. I nodded.

   "Not bad. Thank you," I said. She smiled and walked away. I smiled and made my way to the elevators. I looked at my watch again. 8:57. I frowned and started to tap my foot as I waited for it to come. The elevator dinged, and I instantly stepped inside. I pressed the button and waited again. The door opened and I walked out, heading to the ICU. I sighed and scanned my badge, resulting in it opening the door. I shook my head and walked in. I did the attendance thing and began to work. And work. And work. It was really boring.

   "Y/N, can you please calm the patient down? He's a bit... shocked," Jasmine said, pointing to a room. I nodded and walked in. When I walked in, there was a boy, about my age, panicking. I winced as he hit his leg on the edge of the bed, attempting to kick at the table.

   "Hey!" I said loudly. The boy stopped and looked at me. He frowned.

   "What do you want?" He said, his voice deep. I rolled my eyes.

   "Well, I want to help you, but if you don't want my help..." I said shrugging.

   He growled. "I don't need your help. I'm not even sick!" He exclaimed. I clicked my tongue and looked at his symptoms.

   "Hmm, really? I mean, you're not sick, but you are injured," I said. "You got in a motorcycle accident and dislocated your shoulder, fractured your wrist, and sprained your left ankle," I said, looking back at him. He rolled his eyes.

   "So? I've been through worse," he said, growling at me. I began to read again.

   "Hmm, Caleb Jones, huh? Let's see, 23 years old; birthday October 3, 1996," I said, cocking my head.

   "And? What's your name, sweetie?" He said, rolling his eyes. I smiled a little.

   "Y/N L/N. Why?" I asked, squinting my eyes a little. He shrugged, and I looked at my watch. 9:32 p.m. I smirked.

   "What?" He asked. I looked at him again. 

   "Almost time for me to go home," I said. I looked at Jasmine. "Bye." I gave her a two- finger salute and walked out.

   "Hey!" Caleb yelled. I looked back.

   "What?" I said annoyed. Caleb smirked.

   "Bye!" He said, waving his fingers at me. I gave him a fake smile and waved back. I turned around, and my smile automatically disappeared.

   "Ugh, so annoying," I mumbled. I walked to my locker and got my stuff. I clocked out and walked outside. I shivered as the cold air surrounded me. I walked to my car and got in. I turned my car on and drove out of the parking lot. I drove to the house and got out, carrying my bag. Just when I was about to open the door, it swung open.  

   "Y/N! You're home!" Nicole said. I smiled and nodded.

   "So, how was your day?" I asked. She sighed.

   "Boring! At least you have something to do!" She said, motioning for me to come in. I walked in and sighed. Warmth.

   "Well," I said, "work is really boring, too!" She rolled her eyes.

   "But still! At least you have something to do!" She exclaimed. I chuckled and shook my head.

   "But it's boring!" I said laughing. She smiled and closed the door. She walked over to the couch and turned the tv on. I raised my eyebrow as she put it to the sports channel.

   "Are you sure you don't like Yuzuru anymore?" She asked. I groaned.

   "Yes! How many times do I have to say that? He probably forgot about me, anyways!" I said, a little annoyed. She frowned and sighed.

   "Y/N, you know he didn't forget you!" She said. All of a sudden, I was mad.

   "How do you know?!" I yelled. She stood up.

   "BECAUSE HE-"

   "WHAT?! HE WHAT?!" I yelled. Nicole opened her mouth, but she automatically closed it. I sighed and took a deep breath.

   "Because he-he... never mind," she said, sitting down and looking at the tv. My shoulders slumped, and I went over to sit down beside her.

   "Nicole, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled," I said. She looked at me and smiled.

   "It's fine. I shouldn't have brought Yuzuru up," she said. I nodded.

   "Well," I sighed, "that's that. Let's go to sleep, okay?" She nodded and went upstairs. I sighed and also went up. I went into my room and sat down in my chair. I shook my head and frowned.

   Did he forget about me? I thought.

1218 words! Yay! I am so, so, so, so sorry about the really bad chappie. To be honest, I have a little bit of writer's block, so I can't really think of any good ideas. If you have some, please let me know! Also, the STAAR test is tomorrow, and I am really nervous. I can't wait to sit for 4 hours and take a test! Anyways, have a wonderful day!