Chapter 17

I shook my head and fanned myself.

   No. This can't be happening. I can't fall for him again... can I? I thought, running my hand through my hair. I put my head in my hands and sighed loudly.

   "Why?" I groaned. I took my face away from my hands and shook my head. I put my hand up to my temple. The door opened, and I looked up to see Nicole holding food. I immediately smiled and sat up straighter.

   "Hey, brought you lunch," she said, putting the food on the table attached to the bed. I smiled and looked at her.

   "Thank you, Nicole. For everything," I said softly. Nicole looked at me and smiled.

   "Of course," she said, opening the can of soda for me. She handed it to me and I took it happily. I took a sip from it and sighed as it went down my throat.

   "Refreshing," I said, licking my lips. Nicole giggled and took the soda away from me, putting it on the table. 

   "So, where did Yuzuru go?" Nicole asked, sitting down in a chair. I pursed my lips and smiled.

   "He went to go practice," I said, my cheeks burning up. I smiled, my face tomato red. Nicole smirked as soon as she saw my face.

   "Oh, okay. So, did your feeling come back?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. My eyes widened, and I shook my head immediately.

   "N- no! Why would they come back? They have no reason to!" I said sternly. Nicole rolled her eyes and scoffed.

   "Uh huh. They totally didn't come back," she said, cocking her head. I blushed even harder and cleared my throat.

   "Again, they have no reason to. Yuzu's just a friend," I said, my blush going away a bit. Nicole sighed and cocked her head.

   "Almost all relationships start out with just friends," she said, smirking. My blush came back, even redder than before.

   "Well, Yuzuru and I are staying as friends! That is final!" I said, raising my voice a bit.

   "Right," Nicole said, rolling her eyes. I knit my brows together and sighed. 

   "It's true!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air. Nicole laughed and nodded.

   "Yeah, okay. Whatever you say," she said, leaving the room. I growled and took the pillow from the bed, clutching it in my hands. I put my face into the pillow and screamed. I pulled my face away and put my hand up to my temple. I ran my other hand through my hair in frustration.

   "Why?" I cried, shoving my face into the pillow. I looked up from the pillow to see the food Nicole had left on the table. I sighed and moved the table near me, picking up the food on the table. I smiled as I took a bite from the sandwich.

   Food, I thought, can make anyone happy! 

   I smiled again and bit into the sandwich again. I grinned and reached over to grab my soda. I took a sip, feeling the sandwich go down along with the soda. I giggled and took another bite.

   After I finished my sandwich, I leaned back on the bed, closing my eyes. All of a sudden, the door opened. I frowned and opened my eyes. It was the doctor. I sat up straight and smiled.

   "Hello," I greeted. The doctor smiled and sat down in the chair.

   "Hello. You know why I'm here, right?" He said, looking at his clipboard. I nodded slowly.

   "You're here to talk about the surgery, right?" I said softly. The doctor nodded.

   "Yes," he said, nodding. I took a deep breath and he looked at me.

   "So," I said. "Will the surgery hurt?" 

   "Well, you won't be able to feel it because of the anesthesia, but it might hurt a little afterwards," he explained. I nodded.

   "When will I have the surgery?" I asked, curiosity leaking from my words. The doctor responded immediately.

   "As soon as possible. We don't want the tumor to form into cancer, do we?" He said. I pursed my lips.

   "No, we definitely don't want that," I said, shivering at the thought of cancer.

   "No, we definitely don't," he agreed. 

   After that, he talked about the surgery more; he talked about the procedure, the cost, etc. Then he left, leaving me alone in the room. I sighed and looked around the room. It was pretty small. I looked to my side and saw a remote on the side table. I shrugged and reached for it, my short arms not quite reaching the remote. I sighed and reached for it again. 

   Please, I thought, my hand barely touching the remote. I finally reached it, my hand automatically picking up the remote. I clutched it as if it was a trophy. I was about to turn on the tv when the door opened. I sighed and looked at the door. It was Yuzuru. My eyes widened and I blushed madly, smiling a bit.

   "Hey, Yuzu," I said, waving at him. He waved back and went to sit on the edge of the bed. 

   "Hey," he said, cocking his head at me. I smiled awkwardly, turning away from is face.

   So adorable! I thought, smiling like a maniac. I looked back at Yuzuru and cleared my throat.

   "So, what brings you here?" I asked, smoothing the blankets on the bed. Yuzuru rolled his eyes.

   "To see you, obviously," he said, smirking. I blushed again and smiled.

   "Really?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. Yuzuru nodded and moved closer to where I was. In instinct, I scooted away a little. Yuzuru smirked.

   "What?" I asked. Yuzuru leaned in and whispered in my ear.

   "Why? Did you think I came here to see someone else?" He said, backing away. I shook my head immediately.

   "No!" I said, a bit too loud. I cleared my throat and smiled sheepishly. 

   "Okay then," he said. I nodded and scooted away from him again. He raised his eyebrow.

   "I just, um, need my space," I lied when he cocked his head at me. He nodded and scooted closer to me.

   "Really? What about we continue what we were doing earlier? This time I hope no one interrupts," he said, leaning in close to me. My eyes widened as his lips were millimeters from mine. I froze, not knowing what to do. Suddenly, he pulled away smirking.

   "I, um," I said, stuttering. Yuzuru chuckled and smirked at me.

   "I'm just joking. Gosh, you take everything so seriously," he said, smiling. I blinked as he walked out the room. "See you later, princess."

1099 words! Yay! Thank you if you're reading this story! It means a lot to me. I'm sorry for not updating sooner. Anyway, have a wonderful day!