Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I smiled and sat up in bed.

   I get to see if I got the job! I thought. I got out of bed and did my morning routine. I walked to the kitchen and saw Nicole making sandwiches.

   "Hello Nicole," I said. She looked at me and smiled.

   "Good Morning!" She said. She finished making the sandwiches, and then she put the sandwiches in a bag.

   "What are you doing?" I asked her. She looked at me and smiled.

   "It's your lunch! You know, if you get hungry during work!" She said. I looked at her and smiled.

   "I don't even know if I got the job yet," I said. "And I'm older than you." She shrugged.

   "So? You're like a big sister to me. I have to take care of my big sister," she said. I smiled again. 

   "Thank you," I said. I took the sandwiches and went to my car. I drove to the rink and walked in. Again, I saw the skaters skating. My eyes rested on the skater I saw yesterday. He jumped, did a spin in the air, and fell on the ice. I winced. I shook my head and walked to the office. Before I knocked on the door, someone opened the door.

   "Oh hello," the man said. He looked really familiar... oh! It was the coach!

   "Hello," I said. He smiled and held the door open for me.

   "Thank you," I said and walked through the door. The woman looked up at me and grinned.

   "Hello! You got the job!" She said. I smiled and thanked her. I walked out and saw Coach Brian. I smiled and walked towards him.

   "Hello, where do I go?" I asked him. He turned around and looked at me.

   "Did you get the job?" He asked. I nodded. "Okay then, you work with me." I nodded again. I put my lunch on the bleachers and sat down next to it. The skater I was looking at went off the ice and went to where I was sitting. I froze a little.

   "Um, hello," he said in a very thick accent. I smiled and looked at him. He smiled and waved.

   "Hello. I'm new here," I said. He nodded and held out his hand.

   "My name is Yuzuru. Yuzuru Hanyu," he said. I smiled and shook his head.

   "My name is Y/N L/N," I said. He smiled and sat next to my sandwiches. He sighed and looked at me.

   "What do you work as?" He asked.

   "I'm a nurse," I answered. He nodded and sighed. I looked at him and he looked at me. I blushed and looked away from his gaze. He smiled and looked away as well.

   "Do you skate?" He asked. I shook my head. He nodded. I frowned a little when it was silent. I stole a glance back at Yuzuru, and he looked at me. I looked away and looked at the skaters on the ice. I smiled a little as they twirled and jumped.

   They look so pretty, I thought. I smiled even more when another boy landed a jump. I sighed and Yuzuru looked at me.

   "Do you want to skate?" He asked. I looked at him and smiled.

   "I've thought about it, but I've never tried it. I'm too scared to fall," I said. He nodded and smiled at me.

   "I can teach you. I'm an excellent teacher," he said, putting his hands on his hips and sitting up straighter. I laughed and slowly shook my head.

   "It's fine. I'll probably just fall all the time," I said, laughing at the thought. He smiled and laughed along with me.

   "You probably won't," he said. I smiled and shook my head.

   "When's your next competition?" I asked. He tapped his chin and smiled.

   "It's in 4 months. I'm competing in the Finlandia Trophy. Why?" He asked. I shrugged.

   "I just want to see how good you really are," I said. He smiled.

   "Well, you'll be really impressed," he said. "I'm amazing." I laughed and looked at him.

   "Okay then, if you're really amazing, win a gold medal. Then I'll believe you," I said.

   "Challenge accepted. Well, got to get practicing. Got to win that gold medal. Talk to you later," he said, going back on the ice to practice. I smiled and watched him jump, spin, and land! I smiled to myself.

   You better win, I thought.

Time Skip

                                                                                     4 months later

   I got out of my car and walked to the rink. I walked in and Yuzuru went over to me and smiled.

   "Today's the day," I said. He smiled.

   "Today's the day I win that medal," he said. I rolled my eyes and watched Javier walk towards us.

   "Not if I win that medal. You have a tough competition right here," he said, pointing to himself. I laughed and rolled my eyes again.

   "Well, I think you have to get to Finland before you skate. Your plane leaves in 3 hours," I said, looking at my watch and pointing to it. Yuzuru laughed.

   "If I get injured, will you help me?" He asked. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow.

   "Depends if I feel like it. I mean, I am the nurse," I said. He smirked and rolled my eyes. Javier laughed and put an arm around Yuzuru's shoulder.

   "Of course she will! Y/N is one of the nicest people I know! She would even help an injured rat if there was one," he said. I rolled my eyes at him. Yuzuru smiled and looked at me. I smiled back and cleared my throat.

   "Okay then, come on we have to go to the airport," I said. Javier let go of Yuzuru and went to get his bag. Yuzuru followed me to my car, and Javier immediately followed.

   "I call shotgun!" Javier said. Yuzuru frowned and got in the front seat. Javier frowned.

   "What?" Yuzuru asked. Javier rolled his eyes.

   "I called shotgun!" He pouted. I shook my head and got in the driver's seat.

   "Well, Y/N likes me more. Right Y/N?" He said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Javier smirked.

   "See! She doesn't like you!" Javier said. I sighed.

   "Javier, just leave him alone. He's already in the front seat anyways," I said. Javier pouted but still got in the back seat. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the airport.

   When we got to the airport, there were a lot of people holding up signs with Yuzuru's and Javier's names on them. I smiled.

   "Wow. Lots of people like us," Yuzuru said. Javier scoffed.

   "There are a lot more signs with my name on them," Javier said. I rolled my eyes.

   "Come on. We'll be late for our flight," I said. Yuzuru chuckled and put an arm around me.

   "Relax, we won't miss our flight," he said.

   "Flight D4, Toronto to Finland now boarding," the announcer said. We stopped and looked at each other.

   "That's us right?" Javier asked. I nodded. We bolted to the gate and the door was almost closed.

   "Wait!" I said. The woman looked at us and opened the door.

   "Are you on tis flight?" She asked. We nodded and showed her our boarding passes. She smiled and opened the door for us.

   "Thank you," Yuzuru said. We got on the plane and sat at our seats. I was in between Javier and Yuzuru. Javier went to sleep and Yuzuru watched a movie. The plane took off, and we were no longer in Toronto.

1265 words! Yay! Thank you if you're reading this really crappy story. I don't curse in this story if you're wondering. Have a wonderful day!