Chapter 16

When I woke up, I was in a different room. It was a hospital room. I groaned and tried to sit up. Beside me, Yuzuru was sleeping on a chair, his head on the hospital bed. I sat up, but I yelped. 

   "Ouch," I said, rubbing my back. I lifted my hand, and I saw an IV on my hand. I I shook my head and put my hand up to my temple, rubbing it. I coughed, and Yuzuru woke up. He bolted upright, looking at me.

   "Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes wide. I nodded and he hugged me.

   "Yuzu..." I whispered.

   "I was so worried! Why didn't you tell me you were coughing out blood?" He asked, not letting go. I sighed and shrugged. 

   "I didn't want to become a nuisance," I said, letting go of him. Yuzuru, however, held on, not letting go of me. 

   "You are not a nuisance, and you will never be a nuisance," he said, hugging me tighter. I blushed and smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder. 

   "Really?" I asked, giggling a bit. 

   "Really." Yuzuru let go of me and caressed my cheek. He leaned in, closing his eyes. I closed my eyes, too. I could feel his breath on my lips. All of a sudden, the door opened. I opened my eyes and scrambled away from Yuzuru. He did the same, blushing. I looked to the door and saw Nicole. She was frozen, an awkward smile plastered on her face. My face tomato red.

   "Oh, did I interrupt anything?" She asked, slowly backing away from the door. I immediately shook my head.

   "No!" I shouted. Nicole blinked a few times. I cleared my throat and smiled. "I meant no. You didn't."

   "Okay then," Nicole said, stepping into the room and closing the door. I wouldn't look at Yuzuru. 

   "So, are you okay?" Nicole asked, breaking the silence of the room. I nodded and smiled at her.

   "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking," I said, avoiding Yuzuru's gaze. I looked down at the bed, smoothing the blankets. I cleared my throat and glanced at Yuzuru. He was looking at the floor, flustered. I immediately turned away, looking at Nicole, instead.

   "I'm sorry," Nicole said, smiling sheepishly. I raised my eyebrow.

   "For what?" I asked, cocking my head. She bit her lip.

   "For interrupting," she said, smirking at me. I blushed and turned away. I looked at Yuzuru for a second; he was also blushing. I looked away from him and cleared my throat.

   "Again, you didn't interrupt anything," I said calmly. Nicole rolled her eyes and scoffed.

   "Yes, I did. Don't deny it," she said, pointing a finger at me. I sat up straighter in the bed, staring her down. Nicole automatically put her finger down. I looked at Yuzuru and smiled. He smiled back.

   "Fot the last time, you didn't interrupt anything," I said, glancing at Yuzuru. I coughed and put my hand up to my mouth. Nicole stood up from her chair, approaching me. Yuzuru also stood up. I took my hand away, looking at it. There was blood again. I closed my eyes and sighed. Nicole gave me a tissue, and I wiped my hand on it. 

   "Why is this happening?" Nicole asked, taking the tissue away from me. I shrugged and looked at my hand.

   "I don't know. There could be a lot of possibilities," I whispered, scrunching my nose in concentration. 

   The door opened, and the doctor came in. He smiled and pulled up a chair next to my bed.

   "Y/N L/N, right?" He said, looking at his clipboard. I nodded slowly.

   "Yes," I said, biting on the inside of my cheek. He smiled at me and sat down on the chair.

   "Well, Y/N, I have looked at your symptoms, and I found out what you have," he said, looking at me. I nodded, signaling him to go on. "It seems you have a tumor in your lung." I gasped and closed my eyes.

   "How- how bad is it?" I asked, darting my eyes around the room. The doctor sighed.

   "Pretty bad. Obviously, you have to have surgery," he continued, "but after your surgery, you have to be very careful. That's how bad it is." 

   "Really?" I whispered. The doctor nodded, and I gulped, shaking my head a bit. Yuzuru was looking at the ground.

   "What can she not do?" Yuzuru asked softly. To be honest, I was a little surprised to hear him speak. The doctor looked at him and smiled sadly.

   "Well, she can't do anything that will make her out of breath," the doctor said, tapping his foot a bit. "Also, she can't do a lot of sports. They might cause her lungs to bleed and form another tumor. It might even cause her blood to clot in her lungs." 

   "What?" I said softly. I put my hand up to my forehead and sighed. Nicole put an arm around me; Yuzuru held my other hand.

   "I'm sorry," he continued, "it's just too dangerous. Even a little action might lead to disaster." 

   "What if she takes some time to rest after the surgery? Will she still not be able to do certain things?" Yuzuru said, squeezing my hand tighter. The doctor sighed and looked at Yuzuru.

   "We still have to see. Usually it will be okay, but Y/N's is too major to try. Better to be safe than sorry," the doctor said, taking off his glasses.

   "But she will be alright, right?" Yuzuru asked, worry leaking out of his words. The doctor smiled.

   "Of course! She will be alright," he said, smiling at Yuzuru. Yuzuru nodded and sighed. The doctor left, granting me good luck. Yuzuru sighed and shook his head.

   "What's wrong?" I asked, cocking my head. Nicole let go of me and went outside, leaving the room.   

   "I'm just worried. That's all," he said, looking into my eyes. I blushed and smiled at him.

   "Thank you, Yuzuru. It means a lot," I said, looking down at the bed. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

   "Anything," he said, leaning in and kissing my forehead softly. "I have to go practice. I will see you tomorrow." He left the room, stealing a quick glance of me as he left. I sat there, dumbfounded.

   What just happened? What an I feeling right now? I thought, my heart racing. No... It can't be... Is it love?

1076 words! Kind of yay! I am sorry for not updating in a long time. I BROKE MY PROMISE TO YOU ALL! I am so sorry! I will try with all my might to update sooner. Anyways, have a wonderful day!