Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning with a headache. It was just a regular day. Except for the fact that I was still in the hospital. And that my surgery was today. Yay... I sat up and shook my head. I closed my eyes for a second before opening them, looking around the room. I sighed and rested my head on the wall. I creased my brows and closed my eyes. Then I heard the door open. I opened my eyes and saw Yuzuru. My eyes widened and I immediately sat up.

   "Hey," he said, walking over to me. I blushed and smiled a little.

   "Hey," I responded, lifting my hand to wave at him. He waved back and sat at the edge of the bed.

   "So," he said, "your surgery is today, right?" I nodded eagerly.

   "Yup! Why?" I asked. He shrugged and smiled a little.

   "I don't know. I just wanted to make sure it was today," he said. I frowned before cocking my head.

   "'Make sure it was today'? What does that mean?" I asked, creasing my brows. Yuzuru looked around the room a bit.

   "You know. I just wanted to make sure so I knew," he said, scratching the back of his head. I blinked and frowned again.

   "Well, that was a lie," I said, rolling my eyes. Yuzuru's eyes widened, and he automatically shook his head.

   "No it's not!" He said quickly. I raised my eyebrow.

   "Spill it. Why did you want to make sure?" I asked, my trust for him decreasing a bit. My blush was gone, too.

   "I just wanted to make sure so I wouldn't, you know, forget," he said hesitantly. I rolled my eyes again.

   "Another lie," I said boredly. Yuzuru opened mis mouth, but he immediately shut it. He shook his head and sighed.

   "Never mind. You'll just say it's another lie," he spat, rolling his eyes. I scoffed and also rolled my eyes.

   "Maybe because it is a lie," I responded. Yuzuru winced a little.

   "Maybe it's not a lie. I care about you, you know. I really do. I just didn't want to forget because you might go to surgery and something bad might happen while you're in surgery!" He said, raising his voice a bit.

   "Nothing will happen," I said calmly. Yuzuru's brows creased as he shook his head.

   "Anything could happen, Y/N! Anything..." he said, his voice trailing off. I frowned a little and put my hand on his shoulder.

   "Yuzuru Hanyu. Everything will be fine," I said. Yuzuru looked a bit shocked. I never say his full name.

   "I just don't want anything to happen to you. You are one of my best friends, after all," he said. Ouch. Friend zoned. Again. I smiled a little, even though my heart hurt.

   "I'll be fine," I said, taking my hand off his shoulder. Yuzuru smiled a bit and nodded.

   "You're right. I have nothing to worry about," he said, nodding his head. I smiled and nodded with him.

   "Right. The doctors won't let anything happen," I said, a little nervously.

   I hope, I thought. I shoved those thought in the back of my head and looked back at Yuzuru.

   "They better not let let anything happen. If they do..." he said, his fists clenching. I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder again.

   "It's not going to happen. I'll be fine," I said, smiling a bit. Yuzuru nodded and smiled.

   "You're right," he said. I chuckled a bit.

   "I always am," I said playfully. Yuzuru chuckled and ruffled my hair.

   "You cutie," he whispered. I blushed and looked at him.  He smiled and reached up to put a strand of hair behind my ear. I blushed even more and looked down at my hands, my face flushed. He tipped my chin, making me look at him.

   "It's true, you know," he whispered, leaning in closer to me. My eyes widened, and I parted my lips a little. He smiled and looked into my eyes.

   "What?" I asked softly. Yuzuru smiled and put his hand up to my cheek, caressing it gently.

   "You're pretty," he breathed. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

   "Says who? The trash can?" I asked. Yuzuru shook his head and smiled gently at me.

   "Says me. Actually, you're not pretty, you're beautiful," he said. "I know this might be weird because you're my best friend and all, but I just wanted to say it." He took a deep breath before nodding. "I like you. Love you, actually."

   "Y- Yuzu," I stuttered. He smiled and planted a kiss onto my forehead.

   "It's okay if you don't like me back," he said, his voice shaking a bit. "I understand." 

   I shook my head and held his hand. "No, Yuzu. I like you, too."

   "No, it's fine. You don't have to say that. I know you're just saying that so I wouldn't feel bad. You're too nice for this world, Y/N," he said, standing up. My heart quickened, and I held onto his hand.

   "No, Yuzu! Listen to me," I said, making my grasp on his hand tighter. He looked at me and smiled.

   "No, Y/N, you don't have to lie to me. I already know you don't like me. You like Javier," he said. I let go of him in surprise.

   "What? No I don't!" I said, stuttering.

   Oh no, oh, no. No, no, no. This can't be happening, I thought. Yuzuru scoffed and smirked, but I could see tears forming in his eyes.

   "Yes, you do. I see how you act around them. You  can't deny it, Y/N. You like him," he said, backing away from me. I shook my head.

   "No! I don't like him! Please, Yuzu!" I said, trying to reach for his hand again. He shook his head and smiled sadly.

   "I know, Y/N." And with that, he left. Just left! My chest hurt, and I started to cough. I saw blood on the white bed sheets. I panicked as I coughed again. More blood. I clutched my chest. It burned.

   "Help!" I choked out. I coughed again, making the sheets red. My chest burned again, and I screamed. The door opened, and I saw the doctor. He ran up to me with a few nurses. They then hurried to get the bed to the operation room. My vision was covered in black spots. Soon, it was all black.

1096 words! Yay! I am so, so, so, so, so, so sorry I haven't updated! I've been really, really busy with studying and tests. I broke my promise! I will try, and really try, to update sooner. Anyways, have a wonderful day!