- 49 -

Still super busy, you guys -- so sorry! I'd say that most updates will be very sporadic from here on out; this time of year is unpredictable for me.

Anyways, I think this is the longest chapter I've ever written. So enjoy.

Saturday morning was somewhat stress-inducing for Logan. Why? Well, because on Friday, Patton had asked him out on a date. It had gone a little something like this:

"Hey Logan," Patton had began, drawing out the 'hey.' "I was thinking that I should commit to that date idea I proposed last weekend."

Logan had felt his foot nearly catch on the tile floor of the hallway as they walked together; he had totally forgotten about the possibility of a date. "I... would not object to that."

"What would you like to do?"

"I dont' know; I've never been on a date before, Patton."

"Well," the boy had reasoned, "there's not a rulebook."

Logan had paused. "Hmm..."

"Roller skating?" Patton had asked innocently.

Logan, surprised: "Roller skating? I've never been roller skating."

"You haven't?!"

"No."

Patton had huffed to himself in contentment. "Well then roller skating it is." Then he had smiled his wonderful smile. "And maybe we can be cliché and get milkshakes afterwards."

"How Hollywood of you," Logan had hummed.

"Be ready at two, okay Logan? I'll pick you up."

"Sounds wonderful, Patton."

And so, for that reason, Logan found himself standing -- similarly to the day of the dance -- at the front of his closet, staring. What was he to wear to an event such as this? And admittedly, he still had two hours and forty-eight minutes before he needed to be ready, but somehow even that didn't seem like enough time to pick an outfit in.

After a long while of coming up with no good ideas, Logan resorted guiltily to his social rulebook:

Google.

The first website Logan came across had some interesting style advice -- that of which he could not apply to his own date, since it called for a leather jacket and/or boots. Yikes. However, after a couple of more clicks, Logan found a solution: pretty much his everyday attire, which was nice pants, button-up shirt, and a belt.

Simple enough.

So Logan chose a shirt that he very much liked but didn't wear often. It was sort of his 'special occasions' shirt, and, needless to say, Logan didn't attend many special occasions. It was a dark, indigo, long sleeved button-up with shiny, pearl-white buttons. The color, in the right light, sometimes borderlined on a rich teal if you looked at the right angle. It was spattered with a pattern of constellations -- simply white points for stars connected by hair-thin lines.

Logan thought it was quite fitting when tucked into a pair of medium-gray pants and dark brown belt. He didn't know much about fashion outside of his bubble, but luckily, his father was a perfect example for style within his bubble.

Slowly, the minutes krept away and Logan paced the house. Both his mother and father were gone on Saturday -- their work never really seemed to end, although Logan didn't actually know where they were; for all he knew, they were on a business trip. Damien had left as well -- quite a while ago -- but he had assured the family that he would back soon (whenever that was; likely Logan's graduation at the very earliest).