- 1 -

Alright, as stated in the summary for this little fanfiction, this will most likely be cliché (kinda hard to avoid when you're plot is literally centered around the new-kid-at-school cliché). I'm going to try to give equal chapters for each side's perspective, but it may not go that way.

I'd love corrections -- like if I miss a word or grammar is wonky. If you don't really care, that's cool too.

I am 100% Sanders Sides garbage so this will be my take on a little AU for the sides. You just can't find many Sanders Sides stories that aren't straight-up one-shots (which aren't necessarily bad, don't get me wrong. I'd just like a full-length story centered around them), and I wanted to appease my need for an SS 'novel' by writing a 'novel.'

There will be some shipping in here -- nothing extreme -- (Prinxiety and Logicality shippers where you at! -- sorry for being basic, other shippers) as well as some nice little friend fluff and blah blah whatever, get to the story already.

Sorry for the ramble; I hope you enjoy!

(Also, I know they have the same face but just... nobody notices, okay? ~Magic~ or something. It's fine.)

- - -

Logan was impeccably ready for his first day of senior year. Actually, he had been ready for a week and had spent the last seven days going over his list of supplies again and reorganizing things. He wanted to make sure everything was perfect -- that was, after all, the most efficient way to operate.

He arrived at the small -- very small -- Sidebay High School five minutes before the first bell was scheduled to ring. Most kids arrived ten minutes early on the first day to revive their official schedules, but Logan always managed to get his from the staff a day early; he was very persuasive.

Logan's first class of the day was Government and Economics -- which most seniors at the school simply referred to as "History." He walked through the crowded indoor hallways, taking note of and counting the pattern of colored square tiles on the floor. He arrived at his class three minutes before the bell rang and was unhappy to discover that there was a seating chart. This meant that he could not take his usual first choice seat of front row, far left. However, he complied and begrudgingly took his seat in the middle of the classroom.

The teacher, Logan observed, was a heavy-set blond woman, most likely in her late thirties. She had stunning gray eyes that sat behind thick-rimmed red glasses. She finished writing various necessary pieces of information on the whiteboard -- her name, the date, etcetera -- and gave Logan a sweet motherly smile.

He responded with a smile back -- or rather a tightening of his lips and a nod of his glasses. He wasn't much of a friendly student but tried to refrain from being rude; politeness would do.

The first kids arrived in the classroom as the bell rang. Since the obscure, tucked away high school was only home to under two hundred teenagers, Logan was able to recognize most of them. He had definitely had classes with at least fifty percent.

One of the kids he recognized drew his eyes because of the flamboyant, silky red scarf he was wearing. Roman, a drama fanatic who possessed a sort of confident intelligence, was not Logan's type of friend. He was loud, judgemental, impulsive, and, in quite a few ways, immature -- at least Logan thought so. The boy wasn't necessarily mean -- he was actually quite friendly -- but he was very picky about who he was friends with. He thought extremely highly of himself, and Logan found that both typical and infuriating. Most popular kids had this effect on him.

Logan also recognized a black-haired girl named Madison who had been in quite a few classes with him the year before. They had talked for a while at the end of the year and Logan had grown fond of her wittiness and sharp intellect. She was very smart, and that was refreshing. However, Madison's seat was in the front of the classroom and Logan realized with disappointment that he would not be able to speak to her.