- 30 -

Whoo, thirty chapters! (And over 190 pages!) Can you believe it? I sure can't. I honestly didn't think I would ever get this far into the story -- or this invested in it haha -- but I have pleasantly surprised myself.

I'm super grateful that I've had so many people enjoying my work. It's really pushed me to keep writing every day, which I've never really done before; I think it's a great habit. I know it may not seem like a lot to get about eight votes on every chapter and a handful of comments, but every one really warms my heart -- even just seeing that I have over 4K reads on this whole thing! That's insane!

Really, I'm super happy to see that people are getting some entertainment out of my probably-too-elaborate fan fiction haha. It just makes me smile.

As for the plot, I'll try to warm things up a little bit -- I know it's a tad sluggish at the moment. I just had to get Logan's little revelation in the previous chapter out of the way!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. I hope you enjoy Chapter Thirty!

-     -     -

Okay hold on, TIME OUT! I just realized that I literally wrote nearly an entire chapter for Roman instead of Virgil *facepalm* so I guess y'all are going to get a little bonus before the official Chapter Thirty starts. Oops. But I'd rather do this rather than rewrite because I'm happy with how it came out. I guess it is a special chapter after all haha.

Also, this one's really long. Like, double as long as normal. Oops? Whatever, I doubt any of you are complaining!

I'll stop now. Enjoy.

Roman bolted out of sixth period immediately on Monday to find Virgil. He was still perplexed with the boy's behavior at lunch and was insistent on finding out what was bothering his friend. He found Virgil hurriedly unlocking his locker in the hallway and surged forward.

"Virgil!" Roman called so to catch the boy's attention before he could slam his locker and speed away. However, Virgil either didn't hear him or, the more likely option, ignored him and slammed his locker shut anyway. By then it was luckily too late for Virgil to escape, for he was just in range of Roman's persistent grip.

"Virgil, I want to talk to you," Roman repeated. Finally, the boy turned. He looked tired still and incredibly unpleased to be the center of Roman's attention.

"What?" he snapped quietly, hiding under his bangs.

"'What' is that I'm worried about you," Roman said softly, hand still gripping Virgil's shoulder. "What's going on with you today? I would have excused the fact that you passed out in class had it not looked like you just got back from no man's land. And I know you can be unpleasant sometimes but that snap at Logan you did earlier seemed very emotionally charged." Roman felt sort of bad, for he knew he got harsh when he was worried. He lightly shook Virgil's shoulder after he did not receive an answer. "Virgil, look at me please."

Virgil slowly rolled his eyes up to face Roman. "You're overthinking this, Princey, I'm just tired," he replied.

Liar. Roman could feel it. "There's something else," Roman insisted, trying not to become too frustrated. He knew that Virgil would just shut down if he got mad at him, and he didn't want that -- not only to be blocked from his answers but also to be angry at Virgil in general.

"I..." Virgil began again, trailing off. He gave the hallway a sweeping look, as if searching for something or someone. His eyes found Roman's again and he narrowed them. "It's nothing." He jerked his arm out of Roman's grip and quickly turned around.