- 33 -

The tie is a picture reference for our fancy boy Logan.

You'll see.

Also, I couldn't resist making a little Patton doodle!

And I'd recommend reading this chapter to yourself out loud (or whispering like me) if it's too wordy and you find yourself skipping over certain sentences

And I'd recommend reading this chapter to yourself out loud (or whispering like me) if it's too wordy and you find yourself skipping over certain sentences. There's a lot going on in the descriptions come the second half of the chapter and I wouldn't want you to miss anything :) (I'm only saying this because, in most of my many times revising my drafts, I couldn't get my eyes to move at the correct speed to catch every word, so reading aloud helped me a lot.)

Oh yeah, and just one more precursor:

I'M SORRY.

Logan hadn't been bothered to give the dance much thought until the Thursday beforehand. The dance itself took place on Friday night, and it was only the day before that Logan realized he had no idea what to wear, how to dance, or what they'd be doing. And that sort of freaked him out. So on Thursday afternoon, when he once again took the short trek to Patton's house, Logan brought up the topic in conversation.

"Well, you can really wear whatever you want," Patton began with a small, amused smile on his face. "What you wear on a day-to-day basis is pretty much exactly what everyone else will be wearing. Just a button-up and a tie is fine."

Logan nodded slowly, contemplating whether he should break out his 'fancy' ties for this dance or not. "And," Logan continued to ask, "we simply arrive and... that's all?"

Patton chuckled. "Yep! I bought tickets so just bring your student ID."

"Patton, it really wasn't necessary to buy me a --" Logan began instinctively, only to be cut off mid-sentence by a humble and embarrassed Patton.

"It's really not a big deal," he insisted. "I was the one who asked you. And plus, paying all at once for couples tickets was less so..."

Logan narrowed his eyes in silent protest. He wasn't too upset because not having to pay was convenient for him and also very nice of Patton, but he knew he could very easily be responsible for himself without causing Patton any harm. Nonetheless, he let it drop.

Logan took in a breath and moved on, his thoughts nowhere near Patton's abandoned math work on the table. "Another thing," he added, "is that I don't know how to dance."

Patton laughed again, looking at Logan in what was nearly patronizing adoration. "Well that's easy!" he exclaimed. "Here, I'll show you." He got up from his seat, the chair legs scraping along the wooden floor. He walked back over towards the front door, where the TV cabinet was, and turned on what Logan assumed was a stereo.