Chapter||Thirty-Nine

Charlotte

Today is the day! My birthday! I ran to the receptionist to check if my dress and shoes had arrived, I was getting scared that they wouldn't seeing they are two days late. I bumped into Henry before I could've even open the door, I was that excited. "Hey slow down girl." Henry brought out 4 boxes from behind him. I smiled and opened the first two. He had got my dress and my shoes for me.
"Okay now these ones are from me." He beamed.

I opened them slowly, nervously more like. It was a personalised jewellery set; it had the shiniest rose gold watch and a necklace that had the word Charlotte written beautifully. And underneath there was a sweatshirt that read ' I HAVE A MAN!' I laughed remember the day he said he would get me that sweatshirt. I missed him...

"Or you're gonna wear a massive sweatshirt that says, 'I have a man.' and don't forget the sweatpants." Henry said, mockingly. "I promise you, I'll get you one of those"

"Yeah, I'm not going to do that. I'll show you what I'm wearing." I pulled Henry up my elegant stairs.

I stood up and hugged him tears almost forming in my eyes. "There's one more, open it." He looked so accomplished. It was the vans that we were looking through the other day, the checkered ones.

"Oh my gosh Henry! You've really outdone yourself!" I jumped into his arms on more time. Henry relaxed into our hug, wrapping his arms comfortably around my waist, like it belonged there. It did belong there. "Anyways we need to start heading to New York." I said pulling away. Soon after we heard a knock at the door.

"New York here we come!" Gabby screamed as she held bags full of makeup and clothes. She had arrived with Charlene and Shawn. I laughed and nodded. Shawn would be driving the seven seater we hired for today, yes there are only 5 of us but our bags need space. We plan on sleeping over! This day is going to be great!I mean I'm flipping 18!!! I smiled to myself. We all grabbed our bags I quickly ran into my room to change into my ' i have a man ' jumper. I'm single but this jumper is comfortable as hell, it smelt of Henry too. I shook of my crazy thoughts and caught up with my friends.

"Look at Charlotte's ass in those sweatpants" I heard Henry whispering to Shawn and Charlene. I ran to catch up with Gabby. I turned to look at him and shook my head with a smile on my face.

"Happy Birthday girl! I can't wait to show you what I got you!" She smiled squeezing me in a very difficult hug seeing we all had bags in our hands. "Wait are you and Henry-" she looked at my shirt.

"No but he promised he'd get me one, I guess he kept it." I shrugged.

"You need to stop acting fucking clueless the boy loves you. You love the boy. What are you two waiting for ?!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know! I want him so bad!!!!" I whined.

"Well who's to blame?" She rolled her eyes at me.

"Damn girl no need to put salt into the wound." As I said that we arrived at the car. Charlene stopped talking to the boys and entered the car. Gabby sat at the front with Shawn and Henry sat in between me and Charlene, which I began having second thoughts about. I leant my head on Henry's shoulder, " Angel needs her beauty sleep." He said softly while playing with my curls.

"No, I had that yesterday, is that hard to tell?" I replied flirtatiously.

"Hmm I'm debating on wether to flirt back or ask you if you're high." He joked. I rolled my eyes slapping his chest gently. "I'm playing you look beautiful all the time." He smiled down at me,resting his head on top of mine. All of a sudden he wrapped his arms around me pulling me close. I felt so content, I didn't want this moment to end.

"Ermm Charlotte is Jeremiah gonna be there?" Charlene asked, it was as if she was trying to choose the right moment to talk.
"Yeah he's coming and meeting us at the hotel. You can call him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind." I smiled at her.                                                                                          "He hasn't given me his number yet."She said awkwardly. I reached for my phone and scrolled through my contacts for Jeremiah's name and I sent her his number.

"There. Now you have it." I said.

"Thanks." She dialled him. I tuned out their little conversation and focused back on Henry. I saw he had an empty hand so I intertwined our fingers, and closed my eyes once again.

1 hour later. 9:00am

I woke up slowly and stretched and realised I was no longer sitting with Henry. He was in the driver's seat while Shawn sat next to him in the front and Gabby in between me and Charlene. "Henry." I whisper-called out, in a tired voice.

"Hey we're at NY." He got out of the car and opened the door for me.

"Damn do you gon' close it after you open the door for your girl." Gabby wailed.

"Right!" Charlene shook her head and laughed. Henry and I just laughed. It's like we were a couple again.

All I know is that I still love him.

——-

-michelle