Chapter||Thirty

Charlotte

This guy better not waste my time, I've got places to be, "Hey Charlotte Maria Bolton." A young guy appeared out of the corner startling me. "Well Mr Bolton never told me his daughter was beautiful." He ran his finger over my face. I stood there frozen in shock, did he just say Mr Bolton. My dad. The one that...
I felt myself slowly becoming sick. Vivid images began flooding my memory.

"It's just us Charabella. Come on, come sit on daddy's lap." His voice echoed. I edged closed towards him. He began undressing me, "Please, daddy stop."I cried out, it was a very pathetic cry. His hands ran over my skin, "it's alright Charlotte."

"I'm not coming with you." I ran off, clicking back to reality.

"Come on Charabella," He said my nickname mockingly, he made me feel sick. All of a sudden he placed his hands over my nose and mouth, he's trying to poison me. I kicked about trying to hold my breathe. I decided to pretend I had smelt the poison in his hands. I relaxed every bone in my body and closed my eyes, "I should've done that ages ago." I felt him pick me up aggressively, I winced quietly hoping he didn't realise.

Soon enough we arrived at a larger building, I snuck one eye open. Bolton Incorporated. Huh? Is this my dads building? When did he get this built? Are we in New York?  Is this where his money comes from or is it a cover for his drug dealing. He entered the room with me still in his arms, " I saved the princess!" She shouted as he barged through the door. I heard footsteps as if they were coming down a large amount of stairs.

"Is that my Charabella." I felt masculine hands trace over my cheeks. It's my dad. My stomach turned, "she's still as beautiful as I remembered." I wanted to throw up, as the insides of my belly tossed and turned. I couldn't hold it in, I turned my head and threw up right on the marble floors, "Cleaners! Come and do your darn job!" My dad clapped his hands rapidly. I pushed off the random stranger and made way for the door, sprinting. "Get her!"  I bolted towards the car, smirking as I held the keys that I managed to grab sneakily from the guy who brought me here.

"Don't make me have to shoot you!" A voice said from behind me. I froze. It was my dad. My senses kicked in, I kicked the gun out of his hand and jumped into the car and drove away. Speeding past everyone and everything, my eyes began to blur with tears, what does my dad want from me? Memories flooded my mind as I cried silently. I quickly wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.

That's all it took.

All it took for the vehicle I was in to go crashing right into a passing car, I felt the airbag push me right against the seat, I could barely breathe as my car tossed and turned disrupting the road. Cars banged against me, my seatbelt wasn't on so I jolted forward each time griping on to the airbag with all my strength, I looked in the mirror, I was bleeding and praying I made it out of this alive.

It happened so quickly I don't think my brain could process it, fire! Fire! This car is on fire! I screamed! I'm going to burn to death! The heat was scorching hot I could feel it, and it was at the back of my car inching closer and closer! "Help me! please!" I cried to anyone that could hear! My heart was racing! I need to get out of this stupid car! I punched the airbag trying to push it back it, I began begging it to close.  Pleading it to close, my life depended on this.
I managed to create a little gap by now the fire had almost reached me and it was coming from both directions, I kicked the remaining glass that hadn't smashed and tried desperately to pull myself out, "Someone please help me!" I cried.

Sirens! I heard Sirens, my heart rate decreased and my blood pressure lowered but I still had to make it out of this car, I was so close. "Shit!" I cursed and my foot got cut with glass,  I slammed my teeth shut trying to hold in a scream.

"It's alright ma'am! We've got you." The firemen finally arrived and took me out of the blazing fire. They wrapped me in a fireproof blanket and carried me onto a stroller with the glass still sticking out of my foot, that's when I let all my tears fall out. Tears of relief, exhaustion. I made it out alive.

I nearly died today, just the thought caused me to close my heavy eyes. I had to black out the world for a second.

——
It was actually so intense writing that omds!

-michelle