Chapter||Seventeen

Henry

"Okay because the equation for power is energy transferred divided by time you have to divide 300 Joules by 15 seconds, to get your answer. Do you get it?" Charlotte explained, I wasn't even focusing on the work. I just sat there in awe watching her lips move gracefully as she spoke so effortlessly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get one word of that." I told her.

"Henry focus!" She exhaled.

"How am I meant to focus when you are sitting so close to me and your nipples are popping through that nightgown?" He sighed in frustration, sexual frustration.

"Well sorry that I don't wear a bra to sleep." She rolled her eyes. "This is all I'm going to tell you and you figure out the rest okay?" I simply nodded in response. "So the equation to find out the power is energy transferred divided by time, if you get this right you just might receive a prize." She smirked. Charlotte really wasn't helping me out by saying that.

"So I have to do 300 joules divided by 15 seconds right? Which is?" I did quick calculations in my head "20 watts of power transferred per second." I grinned like a little child as Charlotte smiled.

"Right! You've got it." She congratulated me.

Charlotte's smile was so contagious. "My reward?" I smirked.

"Pfft, what reward let's keep working boy." She rolled her eyes playfully at me. I growled lowly and jokingly as I pounced on her as if she was my prey. She giggled as I dug my face into her smooth neck, "Henry stop!" She laughed waving her hands about, trying to push me off her. "Not until I receive my reward." I said. My pecks changed into wet kisses. She pulled me closer to her and sat up. She then took control and kissed me. Our lips ignited causing a similar fire to burn like last time but brighter. Charlotte's hands glided up my chest as she softly massaged my chest without even knowing it. I was ready to put her down right here but Charlotte is different. I felt scared, scared to touch her. I slowly lifted my hand up and touched just below her chest making her jump. Shit! "Did I touch you wrong? I'm sorry." I rambled. "N-no It felt nice. Do it again." I knew how sensitive Charlotte was, I needed to hold in my urges. Wait? she said do it again. I tried again even more languidly, resting my hand just below her chest. She placed her free hand on my hand and moved it upwards so my hand cupped her breasts through her shirt though. Her lips fit mine perfectly making me want to savour every moment slowly.

Suddenly she pulled away, "We shouldn't be doing this." She said her voice sounded like she was taking a risk. I knew why. I'm not her boyfriend, and she doesn't want to catch unnecessary feelings because I'm scared of being tied down by a girl. I know it's weird but it's true. "I know, I'm sorry." I cleared my throat, licking my lips to remind me how sweet she tasted. I missed her lips already. "We should never do things like that again. "She reinstated. I looked away, I'm such a pussy when it comes to real feelings. Even my recent girlfriends were all for quick fun. Charlotte stood up and left my room. I sat there in the silence until I heard the door leading to the exit/entrance of our room shut. Charlotte left, where to?

I punched the wall really hard in anger, letting out a loud shout, "What is wrong with me!" I sat there for about fifteen minutes recollecting my thoughts before trying to decide what to do next, then it hit me. "Charlotte is at the Lagoon of thought." I don't know but I felt like I was right, a hunch maybe. I grabbed a towel just in case and a change of clothes for Charlotte and I. I scrambled out of the room and ran to my car. I drove there quickly and as I guessed there Charlotte was in the water floating on the surface, like a star. I exhaled in relief. I headed towards her, "I knew you'd find me." She spoke still afloat.

"I knew you'd be here." I replied. I sat on the edge and dipped my legs into the cold water. "Whats on your mind?"

"Commitment, Trust, Feelings, Everything." She exhaled finally looking me in the eyes.

"Charlotte you know I'm not good with relationships," I sighed.

"I'm not begging you for a relationship Henry! I just don't wanna be one of the girls that you mess around with. You yourself said you haven't been in serious relationships. I want something serious. I'm almost 18 for goodness sake, I'm gonna graduate soon, meet someone I love and raise a family. That's something you clearly don't want." She explained.

"Well I'm not you. You have your mind made up, I don't. I'm sorry that I don't reach your expectations. And you know what I do want a family and I do want to meet someone I love. I'm just not rushing things like you." I replied.

"Well I'm sorry everybody has high expectations of me! Maybe I haven't got my mind made up, MAYBE I have this 'I've made up my mind act' on to please everyone around me. You clearly don't know me well enough." She looked disappointed.

"I know you well enough to understand that you are perfect the way you are and you don't need to meet anyone's ex-"

"Don't speak! Shut up! I've had enough of you talking and choosing the right words because it makes me fall for you even harder, I hate this!" She spoke her tone gradually getting louder. I stayed silent not knowing what to say at this point.

"Okay you wanna know the truth, I'm scared. I'm scared of relationships. I'm scared of getting attached. The relationships I've grown up around have ended tragically. I'm as broken as you are. Guess what you aren't the only one." I was opening up to her. I was getting attached to her.

Too attached....

-----

I'm sorry this isn't long, some people are getting a bit rude cos' I'm not updating just relax, I've also got a life to live. Anyways hope you liked this chapter!

Fav comment of chapter 16:

'SCHOOL HAS GRANTED DOBBY WITH NO MORE TESTSDOBBY IS FREEEEE'

-XtayXtayX

I died when I read this comment, even though it has nothing to do with the book.

Thank you guys for being supportive, keep motivating me.

Also, KEEP COMMENTING THAT COULD BE YOUR COMMENT UP THERE.

-michelle