37. a talk

"Aera!" I heard Ari shouting. Ari? Why was Ari here?

"Little sister!" She exclaimed, running towards me.

"Ari?" I mumbled, staring at her.

"You're graduating soon aren't you, Aera? I wish I could be there at your graduation," she frowned, pulling me into a hug.

"Ari," I choked, tears beginning to roll down my cheeks. "Ari, I miss you,"

"Oi, you're crying?" She said, pulling away. "You shouldn't cry, Aera. Strong girls like you don't cry,"

"I'm not strong anymore," I replied, wiping my eyes. "I became a softie,"

She slightly laughed. "Aera," She said. "I'm always here. I'm always with you, in here,"

She pointed to my heart and I slightly smiled. "So, I want you to smile more," she said, raising her brows. "Because whenever you're hurting, I am too,"

-

I jerked up, panting whilst sweat trailed down my forehead. I tried opening my eyes, but they were too puffy. I looked around, noticing myself on my bed.

I tried to get off the bed, but my ankle began aching. I moved the covers and found my foot wrapped up. Did I twist my ankle? I looked around, debating about getting out of bed or staying.

I couldn't remember how I twisted my ankle last night. After ditching Taehyung I walked to the bus stop by myself, in the scary ass darkness while it was raining.

And then what happened?

I creased my brows whilst I looked around my room. My parents were out of town and I know I couldn't have wrapped my foot myself.

Unless I actually did?

The door opened and Hana stood behind it. "Aera! You're awake!" I heard her exclaimed, running to me.

I slightly smiled when she brought me to a tight hug. "My gosh! I was so worried! You were crying and sweating all night—I didn't know what to do—,"

"What happened last night?" I asked, and she bit her bottom lip before looking around.

"I—can't tell you," She mumbled, fumbling with her hands.

"Why?"

"Cause Jungkook—fine, I'll tell you," she sighed, looking at me. I tilted my head whilst I watched her struggle to find words.

"Apparently you were drunk last night and I guess you were already passed out when I came over—uh—Jungkook was the one who called me here." She recalled. "He said you twisted your ankle so he wrapped up your foot. He got you crutches too. This is actually all I know, by the time I got to your house you were cleaned up and in the bed. Jungkook left right away,"

I sighed, running my hand through my body. "Jungkook?" I mumbled, suddenly feeling weird.

"Thanks Hana," I said. "Can you help me up?"

"Yeah, of course!" She said, holding onto my arm. I got off and stood on my right foot, leaning on Hana for support.

"Hana," I said, looking out my window. "I'm going over to Jungkook's house,"