21. barbecue talk w/ tae

"You're moving here?" I asked whilst we sat in my room.

Taehyung frowned. "Why do you seem so upset about it?"

I shook my head. "I'm not," I replied. "I'm just wondering why though,"

My eyes shifted to Jungkook whose gaze was somewhere else. He ran his hand through his hair before massaging his temples.

What's up with him?

"My sister is going to a university here," Taehyung said. "My parents don't want her to leave us so they agreed to move here. And since Aera, you're here it's perfect."

"And the fact that Jungkook is here too is also perfect. Dude, I had no idea you moved here!" Taehyung exclaimed and Jungkook shifted his gaze to him. "How are your parents?"

"Fine," Jungkook replied a bit too bluntly.

"So where do you live? Is it around the neighborhood?" I said, trying to break the growing tension.

"No," He slightly laughed. "But we're staying with y'all this weekend because it'll take the whole weekend for the house to be ready to move in,"

"You guys are sleeping here?" I said my eyes widening. I made eye contact with Jungkook and he looked away, closing his eyes.

Honestly, I should be happy and excited they're staying here for the weekend. But I couldn't bring myself to be excited.

"Yeah, Mijin is probably going to sleep in here," Taehyung replied, before leaning on his palm.

"Or I can," he grinned, winking at me.

"Whatever, Tae," I cringed.

"I should go," Jungkook said, getting up. I watched as he walked out of my room without looking back.

"Are you hungry?" Taehyung asked me.

-

"Oh my god, I've been craving barbecue!" I exclaimed, looking out the window as he parked. "Taehyung, you're paying,"

I sneaked a peek at him whilst smirking and he rolled his eyes, a small laugh escaping his lips.

We got out and I ran inside, excited to enjoy the juicy, saliva filling meat we were about to have.

We sat down and ordered our food. My phone buzzed from a text from Jungkook. He wanted to talk. Which was what he always wanted. I ignored him and set my phone down when I felt Taehyung's eyes on me.

"What," I asked and he shrugged.
"You're not texting back?"

"It's not important," I replied. "My food is much more important than a irrelevant bastard,"

"Who's the irrelevant bastard?" He questioned and I pursed my lips, remembering they were great friends. I didn't want to say anything in case he'll get upset for me calling his old friend a bastard.

"No one," I slightly laughed just as our meat arrived.

"Thank you!" We thanked in harmony when she nodded and left.

"I got this," Taehyung said, taking the bowl. "I'll cook it for you since you were at school all day. Must've been tiring huh?"

I smiled at his sweet gesture. "Very,"

"Are you and Jungkook on good terms? I remember you saying you wanted me to beat him up for you over the phone,"